About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, July 11, 2014

Mad hatters tea party 2014

It's time again for the mad hatter's tea party , hosted by Vanessa at A Fanciful twist.  link back
so please sit down  have a cup of tea  and join me in celebrating the  wonderful world of Alice

Down the rabbit hole


Alice was beginning to get very tried of sitting by her sister on the bank,and having nothing to do; Once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it , " and what is the use of a book ", thought Alice " without pictures or conversation?'


So she was considering in the own mind ( as well as she could , for the hot day made her feel very sleepy  and Stupid,)  whether the pleasure of  making a daisy chair would be worth the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies, When suddenly a white rabbit  with pink eyes ran close by her. 
 There was nothing so VERY remarkable in that ; nor did Alice think it so VERY much of the way  to hear  the rabbit say to itself , "Oh  dear ! Oh dear ! I shall be late!'
Alice started to her feet , for it flashed across her mind  that she had never before seen a rabbit  with either a waistcoat, or a watch to take out of it , and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it. 
and fortunately was just in time  to see the rabbit pop down a  large rabbit hole 

Alice had not a moment to think about stopping herself before she found herself falling down a very deep well.


Alice like the wind , and was just in time to hear it say , " oh my ears and whisker, how late it's getting !
 she was close behind  the rabbit when turned the corner , the rabbit was no longer in the hall. 

 There were door  all round the hall but they were all locked .  suddenly she came upon a table  there was nothing on it except for a tiny golden key

but all the door in the hall were too big for the key ..However Alice then spied a low curtain  and behind it was a little door  about  fifteen inches high 
Alice knelt down  and look through the key hole  and saw  a beautiful garden 
How she longed to get out of the dark hall way  and wander about  the beds of flowers and the cool fountains  but she  could not get her head through the doorway 


When she went back to the table  this time  she found a little bottle with a label around the neck of the bottle, with the words 
 ' Drink me ' printed on it 




I wish I hadn't cried so much !' said Alice 

But who is to give the prizes?" quite a chorus of voices asked 
"Why , SHE , of course ," said the Dodo, pointing to Alice  with one finger; and the whole party at once crowded round her.


Who are YOU ! said the Caterpillar. 

You are old  said the youth  one would hardly suppose  that your eye was steady as ever; yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose.....


There was a table set up under a tree , and the March hare and the Mad Hatter were sitting having tea at it : A Dormouse was sitting between them  , fast asleep , and the other two were using it as a cushion , resting their elbows on it.


 The table was a large one , but all three were crowed together at one end "No room , No room !" they cried as Alice came forwards.

"There's PLENTY of room !" said Alice.  





Twinkle , twinkle , little bat ! 
How I wonder what  you're at"
Up above the world you fly, Like a tea tray in the sky 
Twinkle , twinkle 




No No ! said the Queen 'Sentence first ... Verdict afterwards.'

" Stuff and nonsense!' said Alice loudly. ' the idea of having the sentence first!'
Hold your tongue! said thee Queen, turning purple.
'I won't !' said Alice. 
'Off  with her head  !' the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. No one moved.

'Who cares for you' said Alice  ' you're nothing but a pack of cards !'



Thank you for coming over to my little tea party, I hope you enjoyed reading the wonderful words of Lewis Carroll 
 Footnote: 
 Alice found one more prize in her pocket A wonderland prize ribbon.....  so  SHE said to say that she will pick someone from the comments to send it to. Hugs Wendy 




credits to the works of Lewis Carroll's  Alice's Adventures in wonderland  to  Vanessa  for hosting and the holliewood studios,itkupill, tumble fish studio, hidden vintage studios , moonlight journey 



37 comments:

Sarah Coller said...

Pretty collages---thanks for sharing your fun Alice post! I hope you'll stop by and visit my tea party, as well.

Blessings,
Sarah

Linda said...

Your party made me smile. I love everything about it. Congrats, Please visit me:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Janet Ghio said...

Just wonderful!

Victorian Tailor said...

Love your story line and beautiful collage pictures, did you make some of those? very creative, please visit me here:
http://plumfieldhousegardens.blogspot.com/2014/07/mad-midnight-tea.html
Celeste

Laura said...

How fun! Great party!
blessings
~*~

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

I loved your party so much!! Your illustrations are just perfect and I love your blog banner as well!!

We look forward to your visit at The Tearoom!

Wishing you a lovely Mad Tea Party weekend!

Betty

Tricia-CastlesNcrowns-FairyTalePhotography said...

Happy Tea Party Day! I do hope you will come visit my little tea party and Giveaway! FairyTalePhotoArt.com
~Tricia (my tea party link below):
http://castlesncrownsboutique.blogspot.com/2014/07/mad-tea-party-2014-and-giveaway.html

Sim said...

What a wonderful trip on your blog and tea party with Alice!
(Your new header is fantabulous! :)

glitterBugStudios said...

What a magical and whimsical party! LOVED all of your artwork, you have a gift for this kind of collage. Have a wonderful day!

DogsMom said...

This reminds me of a combination of Cliff's notes and something Sheldon said on the Big Bang Theory!

A magical UnBirthDay to you!

Love the fantastical images.

http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-fanciful-twists-7th-annual-mad-tea.html

dawaioser said...

Your collage art is so pretty and creative. I especially like the one of the girls sitting around a table and underneath the colorful lanterns.


Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day. If you have time, drop by my tea party. I always love to share tea and nibblies with new friends. :)

http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/852341.html

http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/851974.html

Kerstin Bulin said...

Ohhh i love your party illustrations...it looks so great...have a magical day
Kerstin
Cobblestone Prims

Witchy J said...

Fantastic digital work with the images and thanks for reminding us of the original Alice.

Carmen said...

Wendy,
Yes, I love your new header, too! Thanks for the Madness...
~Carmen~

Ann said...

What a fun visit to your Mad Tea Party. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.

Narrator said...

The collages were just great. A real texture and tactile style offering to the party. Thank you for inviting us all to your table, it was well-worth the click. And here, by all means, DO stop by for a cup of tea at my Study. Your invitation!

http://thenarratorsstudy.blogspot.com/

Nicole Platania said...

I love love love your pictures! This was a good time! Thank you for sharing your party!

Kelly said...

Oh my! Your illustration are WONDERful!! You're welcome to visit me for tea @ http://dandeliontwist.blogspot.com/2014/07/its-good-day-for-mad-tea-party.html

Susan said...

Lovely party as usual Wendy.
Thanks for the invite, your artwork throughout was grand.
Susan
susanscraps@comcast.net

Kelly said...

This was a colorful treat the way you recaptured the Alice tales. Thank you for sharing your whimsical illustrations!
cheers!;)

Jess said...

Beautiful post Wendy!

http://scrapsavings.blogspot.com/2014/07/mad-tea-party-and-giveaway.html

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Ohhhhh, gasp!! I am swooning, your art images are beyond words, I am so in love, and that banner, my gooooodnesss!!!

Bravo Bravo!!

Thank you so much for joining in the Mad Tea magic!
And a very merry unbirthday to you!

<3 Vanessa {A Fanciful Twist}

Victoria said...

Loved your artwork and the way the quotes from Alice in Wonderland fit so well with them.

Blessings,

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Rachel Gallagher said...

Such a fab tale and I loved, loved, loved the images to go with them. :-)

http://phoenixra.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/fairyland-goes-tea-party-crazy.html

Carolee said...

Beautiful collages! Thanks so much for inviting me, and a Merry Un-Birthday to you!

♥ Carolee

Mama helley said...

Oh how I loved your pictures! I have read l. Carroll's books and I never tire of having it again. Thanks for sharing. I would absolutely love to win that ribbon. It would look splendid on my bulletin hung over my computer.
Cheers luvvy, e ; D
Keytomyworld.com

Jennifer said...

What a lovely party! The digital art is so beautiful, and mixes all the stunning elements of Wonderland so well!

http://broomsticksandlace.blogspot.ca/2014/07/a-fanciful-twist-mad-tea-party-2014.html

Bohemian said...

Love your Wild Imaginings in your Art... it Transports me to a Magical Place on the Canvas of my own Imagination! Just became a Supporter of your Creatively Fun Blog... now to dive into the Archived Posts as well and see even more Wonderment! Thanks for coming down my Rabbit Hole too... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Anne Berbling said...

Fabulous, Wendy!! Your celebration is delightful, my Dear...I'm so glad I stopped by!
Hugs,
Anne
www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Your tea party was delight.
The tea was just right.
I am so glad I came, now
must run home again.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hello, dear Wendy
I adored your digital photos of Alice in Wonderland and the reading of Lewis Carroll's words.
Quite charming, indeed!
Thank you for the wonderful time!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/
tscat@sbcglobal.net (my email address)
I am as late at the White Rabbit!

Rhissanna said...

What a wonderful tea party! I love the illustrations (especially the rabbit!) and I was delighted by your edited text! That rosette is a wonderful prize. Better than a comfit!

Ms Misantropia said...

What a lovely prize - it would surely make anyone feel like they were number one!

BrocanteuseRose said...

What darling pictures to go with the story! I love the cotton candy hair, that poor eel what should happen if he were to fall off the nose, I wonder! Silly cards to think they could take anyone's head off! Bank to the river bank for me, thank you for sharing!

Smooches BrocanteuseRose

http://www.brocanteuserose.com/2014/07/mad-hatter-tea-party-wonderland-style.html#more

Calamitous Botanicus said...

Your artwork is stunning and I absolutely adore your banner. Love the stars coming out of the cursor!!! So much fun. A very wonderful party indeed, so sorry I'm late! Cheers, Sarah

Lynda Shoup said...

What a feast for the eyes your Mad Tea Party is! Thank you for putting it together. I look forward to the tea party each year and though I couldn't pull it together myself, I do so enjoy visiting your parties.

Your images are such a joy for my eyes to look at.

Laura Morrigan said...

Your collages are lovely! I love the Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass books!

Blog Archive