About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Once you sign in ... you'll never leave Hotel Hell

We were driving through a wooded empty section of highway.  There hadn't been another car pass us  for  hours. Lightning flashed, thunder roared, the sky went dark in the torrential downpour. "We'd better stop," said I.  My sister  nodded her head in agreement. When I stepped on the brake, the car started to slide on the slick pavement. We went off the road and slid to a halt at the bottom of an incline  hitting a large, old twisted tree.  

" Now you've done it,"  my sister complained  pulling at her rain coat from the back of the car.  There was smoke coming from the engine. "  Damm, "  I said as I peered  through the already fogging windscreen glass." Looks like there's a light ahead, " I said.  

" They'd better have a phone and a warm fire or you are dead meat, " Anna said irritated. " Oh boy it was going to be a long night  I thought  pulling my rain coat over my head and dashing out of the car door, banging it shut with my foot .   The lighting flashed again lighting the car bent around  the tree.  No way to move it until morning , well not in this weather.  

The thunder roared.   Anna was already moving towards the light,  I stood for a second , a cold chill ran down my back  maybe we should stay in the car  instead of  tramping  through the woods to the light ... it might be nothing but a street light. I was just about the call to Anna when an flash of lightning  hit the old  tree the car was wrapped around.   The car hummed with the electric, the air vibrated . Okay maybe sitting in wrecked car under a tree in a thunderstorm was not the best idea I murmured  running after Anna as fast as I could.

The light turn out to be a worn  hotel sign.. some of the bulbs had burned out   and where it had once  said " Hotel Shellbark" it now said  "Hotel Hell"

" Hotel hell" Anna said  " yes that about sums up this night "  The Thunder clapped again as she disappear into  the gloomy dark lobby.  I didn't like  this I thought but I still followed her slowly through the entrance. 

I  peered over my shoulder to  the trees  and the faint glow of our car headlights as the door. 


 "Welcome to Hotel hell," said a voice as the large entrance doors slammed shut.


Mwahahaha




The Hotel Hell collaboration is herehttp://www.deviantscrap.com/shop/home.php?cat=280

No comments:

Blog Archive