About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Haunted hump day



Well it's here 

 Challenge day  
Post your day of dead portrait on your blog or facebook and then leave your link  here. So everyone can pop over to admire them 






I love the idea that you remember your dear departed  friends and family members 


Day of the Dead  Día de Muertos is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures.

 The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. It is particularly celebrated in Mexico, where it is a national holiday, and all banks are closed.

The celebration takes place on November 1 and 2, in connection with the Catholic holidays of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day

Traditions connected with the holiday include building private altars honoring the deceased  with skulls made with sugar ,Marigold and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed and visiting graves with these as gifts.





They also leave possessions of the deceased.


  My day of the dead portraits were made with the images from itkupilli  kits.   Thanks also to Wikipedia


also thanks to marfi  here her link so you can pop over to see all the other Haunted hump day posts 
http://marfibradford.blogspot.com/


I also found some fun blog posts  http://whitehorserelics.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Wendy, LOVE your DOD art...the one of the little girl is fabulous!! Here is my post for today's challenge...http://tabithalenox.blogspot.com/2013/09/haunted-humpdaytabbys-spellbook.html and my DOD post from last week can be found by scrolling down the blog. Happy DOD Day and Happy Haunted Humpday! xo

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

It is adorable!

DogsMom said...

We have never celebrated DOD around me but I am learning to appreciate all the significance. I love the bright colors making the skeletons look so festive.

Incipient Wings said...

Great post Wendy!
Love the photos so so much!!
Great info for everyone too:)
I've celebrated this holiday ever since I can remember.
I didn't have a choice when I was younger, but I always enjoyed the music, color and decorating of the graves:)
Thank you for sharing my friend!

Marfi

Witchy J said...

Love your Day of the Dead post. It's always seem such a joyful celebration and way of remembering the dead to me. Sorry didn't have chance to have a go at your challenge this week, but hope to have a go before Halloween, it sounds fun.

Happy Haunted Humpday
Jx

Terri said...

What a great concept....to honor those who have passed like this. How interesting to read about the Day of the Dead. It seems like a loving way to honor those who have passed on.

These are fabulous day of the dead portraits!

Hugs,
Terri

Blog Archive