About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Altered books ........ wonderland style

 I do enjoy the process of taking an vintage book and turning it into something pretty.   This is  my latest offering...   it is to go on the mad, mad tea party table on Saturday.   It's a wonderful display piece.

 not that old book aren't pretty  but some need a little help. 

Vintage books  very easy to find... you don't want it too old, pages don't  want to be falling to pieces  but it does need a little age to it...   For this project  you need to remove the front and back covers  but  don't throw it away you can use them for another project.
 The page folding is the boring part of this project.  I sat in front of the TV folding the pages back ... 
Now decide  Do you want to stand it up or  lie it down?     Glue the book together  and then glue to a base.  I used a christmas glittered snowflake shape  but Micheal's craft stores have cake boards that would work too. 


Now time for the fun bit.....  images and 3D embellishments.  The mushrooms were made with paper-clay and moss  and glitter will add a whimsical magic to any project.  




It has me itching make another one soon.  
 Maybe a halloween theme .... now where did I put that book !


 

 And make sure you pop back  On Saturday  for my mad , mad tea-party ... hosted by the one and only http://afancifultwist.typepad.com

10 comments:

Terri said...

Oh my! I love it! I love Alice and all things Alice...so this is a thrill for me to see. I love your art, and what you have done here is fab!
I won't be able to have a mad tea party this year, but I will happily come and see your party :)
Yay!
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful Wendy!

Createology said...

Wendy your Wonderland altered book is enchanting. How very creative of you dear. I'll be back for a spot of tea...

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've been working on a Halloween design like this! I love your Alice take on the book, way cool, like everything you do.

Wendelou72 said...

I had a lovely time at your Party! Visit me!

Wende

http://creativeartseatables.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/tea-party-madness/

DogsMom said...

Of course we must have you share and play with Halloween themes! How about whipping up something OZ related for a party in August?
I share a link to the info on my blog:

http://lovevisiting.blogspot.com

Lori V said...

Your tea party is lovely. Thanks for sharing

lori v

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I had to pop down to this post and see how you made that great book centerpiece, Wendy! This is just great. I love it! I'd love to try something like this myself. It seems a bit daunting, but maybe this Winter when I'm stuck inside. : )

Kathy said...

The book is great, I just love the images you used. I have a soft spot for Alice and her crazy friends. Kathy

Lynn Stevens said...

I LOVE how you used the book as a base Wendy, Awesome project. Sorry I missed the tea party. It looked fabulous!
Hugs Lynn

Blog Archive