About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

big steps



SOLD
For the first time ever I'm entering the world of selling some of my artwork . It started with a chance meeting at the Lakewood 400  http://lakewood400antiquesmarket.wordpress.com/ ...  I found a super, cute store The ribbon emporium http://ribbonemporium.blogspot.com/ that sold the most wonderful  hand dyed laces and ribbon  I  nearly brought out the whole shop. 




 The next month when I went in the the ribbon emporium to buy some more lace...Mary noticed  one of my soldered pieces around my neck  and there and then asked if she could buy it .....    That has never happen before and I was somewhat shocked  and surprised  but in a good way ... it was nice to know someone thought my art was pretty enough to want to buy. 



SOLD


So after I had walked around the rest of the show I went back and sold my necklace.   Mary then asked if I'd like to sell some of my pieces in the store 
SOLD














This weekend my soldered shadow box necklaces and faerie boxes will on sale exclusively at The ribbon emporium at the Lakewood 400 friday March 15th to  Sunday 17th.  If your in the area. Please pop in 

They have all manor of vintage bits and bobs in them. From old lace and buttons  to old pearls and stamps.  All top of with some good old glitter.  Each one is unique and one of kind.  


I'm a little scared about taking the plunge  but then I think what the heck ... if they don't sell I have all my christmas presents sorted for this year 

10 comments:

Lululiz said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations, this is so well deserved, your pieces are gorgeous. I wish you lots and lots of sales.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

They are wonderful, Wendy, I am sure you will be a great success! Best of luck.
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly

Janet Ghio said...

I'm sure you will sell lots Wendy-your artwork is wonderful!

Createology said...

Hush that inner critic and rejoice in your fortune of being asked to sell your creations. It is only a dream for some of us and you are able to live this dream. Blissful selling...

artbywendy said...

That is wonderful! I'm sure you will sell out! I would buy one..I love the shadowboxes. I bought myself a soldering tool but haven't been brave enough to try it yet! One of these days I'm going to give it a go. Good luck with your new venture!

my cup of tea said...

So happy for you!!! This is such exciting news! When someone else wants something we made it is such a great compliment! Your work is just beautiful!
~Donna~

Debi said...

your necklaces are divine <3 little treasures, best of luck with your new adventure :) Debi x

Leaping Frog Design's said...

So wonderful and exciting Wendy..Your shadow box necklaces are beautiful little worlds.

Cameron said...

Congrats on taking the leap! Your work is gorgeous....you should give everyone a chance to own a bit of your magic :)

Etsy store next?!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You will do great, I love your artwork!

Blog Archive