How would you feel if the photo of your children ended up used in a print advert and you had not been asked you if you minded or even want it to be used in that way.
How would you feel if shared granny secret recipes and then someone was promoting your granny secret recipes as their own they were taking credit for them.
The answer, you would hate it , you'd be mad as a hatter but when it comes to the blogging world.... we forget the copyright rules and click, borrow, take images and ideas with no thought to if we should or can. So let me clear it up for you.
It's okay to see a images and want to share it , get written permission .Ask if you can use it ...or if the site is letting you use them, Then credit that site.
Be inspired by some else work but don't just copy it ..... use it as the muse for your own art ..... credit the artist who inspired YOU.
~*To clarify.... nothing as far as I know has happening to me as yet but several dear blogging friends have found they images being sold on line ... not a day goes by when I read of someone art been taken without permission ... with new sites to pin this, pin that It is all too easy to forgot to credit the right person*~
My post was just a friendly reminder to do that or the fairy police will be coming to turn you into a toad.
The protection fairies buttons made by me ( Wendy Aspinall 2013 ) Images credits to hidden vintage studios , Holliewood designs and altered emporium at deviant scrap
- I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy
- the old mill roses
- I dream of India
- Egg shaped
- The Glitter fairy rule
- something to crow about
- How would you feel ?
- Ars Longa...... life is short , art is long
- the Nesting nymphs have arrived
- I LOVE thee
- A cup of kindness
- mastering the dots
- send a little valentine LOVE
- totally LOVE struck
- I had a strange dream
- a little blue and maybe broken hearted but not fo...
- love tokens for a MAMA swap
- Once upon a time.......
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (299)