About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, January 7, 2013

My first dance

My first doll inspired by a story about me .....As  teenagers my friend Sarah and I decided that we wanted to try ballet and tap classes..... LOL No really! This is true story.  We went to our local village hall twice a week dressed in pale pink Leotards, pink tights, a small dance skirt and ballet shoes. We tried.......  and  I mean tried to keep up with the small five years old in the class. I can't think what made us think, that at the ages of fifteen/sixteen  that we could suddenly learn to dance ... I think we had visions of  sugarplums  and such.... and I actually think, we thought we would be good at it.... 



Thank goodness one took photo of us because.... what a sight it was!!!!  But like wanting to learn dance, I  have wanted for ages to learn  How to make a doll but unlike learning to dance I didn't have to dress up in a leotard and tights....  but I can say I did  if it helps you .... I got lots of help watching a tutorial  from Moriah Batterly at the http://clothclaydolls.ning.com.

Unlike my short lived dance lessons I do want to try to make more dolls and I promise there will be  No photos of me in a pink leotard and tights..... LOL 


9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I love your doll, but i would love to see a photo of you in your pink leotard and tights. What a fun story!

Regina said...

Now Wendy...we can all dance. Just some of us dance to a different drummer..me being one of those..LOL!!

I love this doll and you had an excellent tutor in Moriah. She is an amazing artist. So excited to see future dolls!!

Hugs,
Regi

Createology said...

How very fantastic that you try things you want to do. Dancing and dolls! Pink tights and tutus. What a glorious life we live when we try and fulfill our dreams. Your doll is precious. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Ruby Craft said...

What a wonderful story! It is perfect for introducing your new doll in her little ruffle skirt and striped tights. She is adorable and yes you must make more. Did you give her a name yet?

Katherine Wolak said...

Oh I love your doll yours is lovely and I hope to see more! I wanted to dance once too, but they decided my feet were too big! :P

BLiSsAngELs said...

LOL Katherine I'm just don't have a dancer shaped body I don't know what I was thinking ... but it's a fun story to tell

Laughing Through Life said...

I loved your story and truly appreciated you sharing it. I was five when my mom enrolled me in charm school. After two or three classes they asked me to leave because I had absolutely no coordination. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing Through Life said...

Your doll is beautiful especially because it comes from your heart!

Mina said...

What a lovely and charming story, Wendy. I'll bet you are adorable in tights and a tutu! This doll is gorgeous! I cannot believe how much skill you have. Looks like 2013 is starting as a fantastic creative year for you my precious friend. Mina

Blog Archive