About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

felt me

 Making felt as always been on my "To do list" ....  yes it's a long list with making glass beads and trying to throw a pot....   I mean on a pottery wheel NOT at the wall ... LOL  

So I jumped at the chance to swap supplies with 

Shes dyes and spins wool 


 this is what arrived 


this is it felted... My first piece ... the process is very interesting How the wool changes and knits together with just the use of hot water , soap and some agitation.    





and this is what I made with it...... tiny faerie shoes.

7 comments:

mercedesscott said...

oh Wendy, these are adorable! What a great, fun, "first" project... I know you will be making lots of amazing little jewels with wool :)

artbywendy said...

that is so creative! what a cool medium!:O)

Katherine Wolak said...

This is SO beautiful!!!!! I love the felt, and you used it beautifully! :) Your shoes are lovely!

Hugs,

Kim said...

Trying again, seems both yahoo and blogger don't like me today! the fairy shoe is just lovely. I think I'm going to have to give felting a try!

primdollie said...

oh wow Wendy those are the most wonderful and adorable little shoes/art I have ever seen they are just delightful!! I will send you a ton more if I get one of those in return!! hehehe!! or will have to try my hand at them!! I have made bags and several journals etc but sure weren't this nice!! well done dear!! :))

Creative Wings Boutique said...

oh how fabulous wendy....its just sooo pretty...how long did it take u...hugs

Cathy L. Calamas said...

I have always wanted to try felting too. Seems satisfying. Love the fairy shoes. You always make fab art.

Blog Archive