About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Inspired, foot sore, stony broke and shocked !!!!

The art and soul retreat was fabulous, The hotel we stayed in was stunning and so were the views. I had never been to Vegas and was bowled away with the sight of slot machines in the airport  but the the area was beautiful.   






I could see the mountains from our room and the light is so much brighter and clearer than here in the south ...   

 




Julie Haymaker Thompson was a delight 





My class was  wonderful ....I enjoyed every minute of it  and because we were hand sowing ... so it was peaceful with time to talk to my fellow artists while we made our mixed media dresses.  The class was called Alterations and yes we did altered this pile of linen and lace in to this 


 I love how my dress turned out....... fit for a faerie. After the class there was a vendors event... lots of goodies to buy and now you know why I have stony broke in my title....
And you know why I traveled light  LOL more room for goodies  

and boy OH boy! Do I have goodies to show you 





and lastly to shocked...... while I was busy in my class my dear Hubby went racing fast cars and then went to the store Pawn Stars and then came back and to kill some time played on a slot machine ......... and WON the jackpot! 

YES I'm still reeling from that news


9 comments:

Kim said...

wowee zowee..sounds like quite a trip you had! congrats!

Creative Wings Boutique said...

holy macaroni...u went to vegas and won.... how llucky u both are...and i hope u spent some extra on crafty goodness while there. hugs

Jacqui said...

Wow! That is quite a trip. Thanks for sharing it with us!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Vegas is on my BUCKET LIST for the last 20 years! Hope someday I actually get to go and have a trippy like yours!
Love all your goodies and the confection of a faerie dress your concocted! The frozen charlotte dools are over charming...I have never seen on in real b4...yummy cuteness!
Hugs and congrats on your hubbies good fortune!
Karla

Jane said...

Quite a fabulous trip!!! The dress looks beautiful! Jackpot congrats!

LuLu Kellogg said...

YAAAAY for a wonderful class and YAAAAY that the husband won some money!!! YIPPEE!!!

LOVED seeing your goodies!

LuLu~*xoxo

pippinsnest said...

I think thats why they call it VEGAS BABIE!! X I am happy you have had a great trip. Julie x

ps My email address has been STOLEN I have had to change it so please dont email the old one I will not receive it!!...am in the middle of change it over on facebook and my blogpage

"MOI" Freubel said...

DJEEEZZZZ you had a fantastic time so to see and that Jackpot !!!!
HURRAAYYYYYY LOL

Mina said...

Your dress is stunning! I am so impressed and your photos are wonderful. Brave, sweetie!

Blog Archive