About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

WHO IS THE EASTER BUNNIE?

The mystery of the Easter Bunnie is always puzzled young children as they find brightly colored Easter eggs hidden in their gardens on Easter Sunday morning ... Who puts them there and Why?  
Today the mystery will be revealed.


Let me start start with showing you a framed photo I found in a local flea market. The photo is of Man and his family... it is old and very wore in places.. but I think is explains.


With a little digging I found out that MR. East. R Bunnie was a rich egg farmer in the 1800's.  He was very successful businessman  not only was he owner three large chicken egg farms but also he was the inventor of the first ink dyeing machine....an invention that the local business communality laugh at for having no use. 

Now it also was rumored that he was also responsible for an local prank of leaving chicken eggs under flower beds at Easter but I found the rumor as no foundation and why the local children called Mr.Bunnie the Easter Bunnie is still a mystery.    




The images are from the kit "I'm all ears" 







 

4 comments:

Electra said...

Wonderful image and wonderful story to accompany it, Wendy!

Sandy said...

Wow how wonderful Wendy.
Your work is a dream. I love them. xoxo

Kim said...

Love love love this Wendy....the true behind the scenes story, who knew? lol xoxo

Sim said...

I adore this one! :)

Blog Archive