About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

take a word...... TIME

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I know you are probability wondering why  I'm using such a morbid poem. I have never seen this as morbid but a guide to my life ... there is a time for everything and there is a story.

When I was about ten. I had to pick a poem to read out to the class.. I didn't want to do this, I was painfully shy and hated speaking to a crowd.   My grandad had a old book of poems. I was going to use John Wordsworth's daffodils but at the last minute changed my mind and did this instead... 


It took a lot of courage to stand before that class and recite, I was so proud I didn't stumble or mess up the words and now still forty odd years years later.......  Do you know what I remember about that day....  not that I did so well but That my teacher instead of praising me...  she asked "Why had I picked such an morbid theme"

A wonderful time for her to pull my out of my shell and praise me for reciting a long and hard poem and she felt the need to question it ..... Did  I even raise my hand to do it again. 


I think you know the answer



  credits" the finecrafted design and Holliewood.

4 comments:

"MOI" Freubel said...

I think there will be always teachers who better have chosen another profession Wendy !!
This incident says more about her ignorance then YOUR courage !!
So stupid of her :(

Perhaps the Time ever heals that wound. Your entry is very touching.

Sandy said...

So so beautiful digital piece Wendy.
Your work is facinating. Love it. xoxo

Sim said...

All the ages in a woman life...
Clever, smart & beautiful!

Mina said...

This piece is not only gorgeous but though provoking. I truly love it!

The poem you chose is an amazing one and I cannot believe the ignorance of your teacher. Our educators are often questionable. Hugs to you sweetie!

Blog Archive