About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's showtime

Life is a Cabaret

"What good is sitting alone In your room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

Put down the knitting, The book and the broom.

It's time for a holiday.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum
Come to the Cabaret.

Come taste the wine, Come hear the band.

Come blow a horn, Start celebrating;
Right this way, Your table's waiting.

What good's permitting Some prophet of doom

To wipe every smile away.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
So Come to the Cabaret!

I used to have a girlfriend Known as Elsie,

With whom I shared A four sordid rooms in Chelsea
She wasn't what you'd call a blushing flower...
As a matter of fact she rented by the hour.

The day she died the neighbors Came to snicker:

"Well, that's what comes from too much pills and liquor."
But when I saw her laid out like a Queen,
She was the happiest... corpse... I'd ever seen.

I think of Elsie to this very day.

I remember how she'd turn to me and say:
"What good is sitting all alone in you room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

And as for me, And as for me,

I made my mind up, back in Chelsea,
When I go, I'm going like Elsie.

Start by admitting, From cradle to tomb

It isn't that a long a stay.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
It's only a Cabaret, old chum
And I love a Cabaret.


Lyrics from Liza Minnelli and


 Digital images from Rian at

Riandesign.eu

5 comments:

Kaylene said...

Great idea with the gentlemen. Cheers

Sim said...

Wouaouh, well done Wendy!
So lively! I love it! :)

Mina said...

This is a whimsical beauty, Wendy and I love that song. Indeed, Life is a Cabaret. ;-)

Electra said...

This is LOVELY Wendy!! and to think you wrote our all those lyrics. OK, I must sing now...

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is beautiful and lovely Wendy. Great art work. Love it.
Warm greet
Marja

Blog Archive