About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

CATCHING FAERIES

Did you try to catch bugs when you were a child...? thanks to a story my Dad told me about faerie babies, I would look and hope to catch faeries in matchboxes....  but I never CAUGHT one... 

BUT Today I managed to catch five! 

Do you want to see them....?  this is a matchbox faerie.. isn't  she cute... and tiny..


 The idea  for the soldered matchboxes came from Marie at Lost bird Studio .. thank you Marie for the inspiration and tutorial  ... I of course added faeries to mine....add glitter and flowers and then soldered the glass



then I thought Mm-mm they need a sleeve to protect them...so they really are Matchbox faeries
thank you again to Marie at 
http://marie-lostbirdstudio.blogspot.com/ 
but also Lisa at 
http://lisasalteredart.com/ for the faerie images.... 
Beckie 
http://whymsicalmusings.blogspot.com/  
for the use of the blue butterfly wings

9 comments:

DeeDee said...

Are you selling these? I so want one.. they are awesomely cute... always love your creations...

Kim said...

Oh my goodness WEndy, these are truly magickal...the little fairies look so happy in their new homes. You are so very talented!! xo

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Wendy,
love your faery matchboxes! They came out beautifully.You did a great job with the soldering too!Thanks also for linking to my Blog:)Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Whymsicalmusings said...

Oh Wendy these are just so wonderful! Your artwork makes my soul sing:) I really should be better about stopping by my life is just so busy right now....I guess there really is no rest for the weary:) I am sending a HUGE HUG your way my sweet friend!
XOXOXOXO

Angelica said...

Stunning!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Wendy, your matchbox faries are just the sweetest thing. I saw Maries tutorial and I'm tempted to make some myself.

P.S.
I'll be watching for my ATC! Thanks hon
hugs Lynn

MosaicMagpie said...

Wendy,
These are great! I saw Marie's tutorial and you took it and ran with it!!! Thanks for repinning the Pinterest note!
Deb

lynn said...

those matchbox fairies are so beautiful.... you are really doing great with the soldering..
hope you left some air holes so the little guys can breathe.. lol
big ladybug hugs to you :)
have a great weekend
lynn l

Lorraine said...

Love, love, love, love them!!!
great soldering job, and I love that you made a matchbox sleeve for them!! xo Lorraine

Blog Archive