About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

BAD,BAD PINTEREST

 As artist I feel very strongly about copyright infringement and to looks like Pinterest is getting a lots of press about it.


 The violations are so wide spread.
 It was estimated that 99% of what is pinned to Pinterest is done so in violation of Pinterest's own terms as well as  violation of existing copyright laws. And here's really the bad news, the user agreement seems to make the user/pinner ( that's you or me)  responsible and therefore the one that gets sued for infringement first if they pin things without permission or infringe upon the copyrights of others.

  So you think "I know I'll just pin my own work and add my name and  link", even though Pinterest doesn't really want you to self promote yourself.

 But then here the really kicker.....  get ready... By pinning our own art on Pinterest we are giving permission to Pinterest to not only profit from our work/content, but to do with it as they wish, essentially giving up the rights to our own work.


so what is the answer.....  well for a start pin correctly...  please read this. 

 If you pin any of my photos, please pin them correctly. Please do not click on the photo and then pin it. It will not direct anyone back to my blog. It will only give the address of the photo on the blogspot server and will not be able to give credit. 
but also some of the photo on my blog are of other artist work....and I always add the links to their blogs... if you want to use their images please go to their blogs to pin and remember to link back to them.

interesting link for you to to read ... please spread the word


http://www.knoed.com/thewindowseat/pinterest-change-your-terms-or-were-leaving/

7 comments:

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

olá!
levei duas imagens suas
com devido credito e link de seu blog

como uma forma de fácil encontrar!

espere que autorize, caso contrario retiro de meus pins!

abraços!
Ana

peggy gatto said...

I left them last week!

Knickertwist said...

You know, I love pinterest. I get lost in the gorgeousness of everything. But I emailed pinterest directly when I first heard about this hub-bub. I asked them point blank "Does this mean you can sell my images to a third party?" Guess what... no answer. That silence makes me very, very nervous.

Anne@A Little Fur in the Paint said...

A real concern about Pinterest, unfortunately... :( Such a lovely blog! So glad I found you; I'm now a follower!
Best,
Anne ♥♥

mercedes scott said...

well said, Wendy!

MosaicMagpie said...

Well said my friend.
Deb

Wendy said...

Thanks for the information. I love pinterest and will definitely spread the word about the correct way to Pin. I hope Pinterest fixes this but they are already so big that they probably won't.

Blog Archive