About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Aged ....

I have something different to show you...  
 I'm going the the art and soul retreat in June and one of events they do is swaps or trades.... all the artists make small trades to swap out with each other... so while you eating or going up or down in the lifts there's swaps going on ... sound's fun doesn't it.









 I didn't know what to make ... I thought ATC's but then I spied all the lids to the mint tins... the theme of the retreat is " puttin on the Ritz"  Top hats , steampunk , Victorian.  I wanted them to look old and wore .. I would normally paint the backs but this time I sanded them and left them natural  so you can see that they are tin old lids.... I liked the worn , rough texture with the lace and pretty images. I have about twenty or so to make... but I'm pleased with them so far .. I plan to glue a magnet to the backs and maybe add some cogs and watch bits...

 

13 comments:

Ann said...

these are lovely! I like the "natural" look of the tins with these.

Lorraine said...

Great idea, Wendy, and yours are supercute!! Sounds like fun!

Denise said...

Wonderful idea.Someday I want to go to something like that in My area.Would be so much fun.Your work as always is great.Denise

Laura B said...

These are so cool! You always have such good ideas. Gorgeous work!:)

Terri said...

Oooooh wonderful! I am going to A&S in March in Virginia Beach! Too bad we are not going to the same one, I would love to meet you!
I think your swap friends will be delighted with your creations!
Hugs,
Terri

Electra said...

They are wonderful, Wendy! I especially love the big top hats!

Sandy said...

Oh Wendy what a gorgeous idea and so lovely design.
Love them all. xoxo

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Wendy, Lucky you, I've always wanted to go to Art and Soul. Your going to have an awesome time. Such fun tins, your going to have some happy swapper's there!
Hugs Lynn

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful! Love your altered tins!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

These are so lovely and very very beautiful Wendy. What a great idea the looks in the tins. Marvelous.
Lovely greet
Marja

Kim said...

Love these Wendy and they are a perfect swap gift for the retreat. You are going to have a great time!xo

BLiSsAngELs said...

thank you for all the lovely comments... I wish we could met up Terri you know I'm admirer of your work .... you need to be one of the teachers.... what classes are you taking?

LuLu Kellogg said...

These are wonderful Wendy!!

Where is this retreat going to be? It sounds wonderful!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Blog Archive