About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

a PIEcE OF wHImSY

First the story behind this.. When my Dad was a small boy living in Leicester in England ..He asked his Mum"Where do babies come from?" knowing that she didn't want to tell her five year old the in and out of where babies came from  she told him instead that the faeries left babies in flower buds.. A cute idea if not a tad untrue .. we all know that babies from from cabbage patches.. LOL

For the whole summer my Dad spend every waking hours searching each flower he saw.



Years later he told this story to me and it always stuck with me... I imagined that small boy looking in each flower hoping or maybe not hoping he would find a baby asleep...  so when Electra sent a  sleeping baby faerie to me the other day ... I knew what I had to make

12 comments:

Incipient Wings said...

The story and the artwork are adorable!!

Jan said...

That is the CUTEST Christmas ornament ever! That sweet little babe looks ever so content!

Loved the story your Dad shared with you, too.

Happy Christmas to you and yours!
Jan

Judy said...

What a sweet story.I think we all need stories. Love your ornament.

Georgie Horn said...

Isn't it fun to imagine our fathers as little children? My 83 year old pop will tell me stories of his rambunctious teenage years and laugh and laugh and laugh! Come by for some holiday cheer!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/12/dancing-in-public-with-ipod.html

~*Feathers and Flight*~ said...

Absolutely Adorable Miss Wendy and What a Wonderful Story about your Dad! Love that!
Have a Merry Christmas My Friend!
Great Big Hugs
Jill

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is such a precious story and how wonderful that you created this ornament with the wee one in it.

I love it!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

JoAnne said...

Very sweet-the ornament and the story.
A very merry Christmas to you Wendy!
xo
JoAnne

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, this is such a beautiful memory and an absolutely adorable decoration you have created. I truly love this!

Gaby Bee said...

Wonderful story and lovely ornament!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
Gaby xo

peggy gatto said...

what a joy this is!!!!!

Aimeslee said...

So sweet, original and special! xoxo

Electra said...

Gosh, I was wandetring around your blog and read this story. It's so precious! Happy New Year to you Wendy!

Blog Archive