About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Foot sore, but happy...

I'm back although I didn't want to leave the NYC.... the city is beautiful at this time of year. The trees in Central park were wonderful... We stayed at the Ritz Carlton , so we could see the park. We went to the hells kitchen flea, antique market. 

I loved Chelsea, like it counterpart in London it is very trendy and fun...

I found some cabinet cards

and then we found a English pub inspired restaurant... I had to laugh... I didn't have a york strip but Fish and chips LOL..
Time to walk three blocks to tinsel trading... pass two blocks of fabric stores.. if you like sewing that is the place to go....My mouth was watering at the array of fabric...I popped in one of the stores to buy some the bias ribbon... and was overwhemed with the choice of colors... I brought pink , purple and white which I want to hand die.

Next tinsle trading OMG ! I love this store. I could spend hours going throught all the boxes... looking at flowers , trims  and ribbons... but I had a list... just look at the wall of flowers.

and the windon diplay. I'm thinking how cool those banners would look over my fireplace....







So what did I buy,some German scraps, some ribbon flowers , mushrooms,leaves and a mixture of vintage embelishments...My fingers were itching to play with them.




BUT.. my feet were aching, so back to the hotel for afternoon tea .... well I can't go a whole day without a cup of tea... but they didn't just bring a pot of tea... but also a tray of delicious open sandwishes followed by fresh scones  and Devonshire cream. Then lastly another tray of cakes and pastries. YUM!

Just enough time to get ready to go to the radio city rockettes.... I loved walking throught the busy streets. The show  was dazzling!

I had the best birthday ever... now let me think... Do you think I could get Mr hubby to go again for his birthday??? LOL

8 comments:

khess136 said...

Oh my goodness!! What a wonderful trip you had! NY is my hometown and every year I re-live the memories of the city at Christmas. I'm so happy for you Wendy, and what a wonderful birthday gift! I love all the goodies you found and can't wait to see your creations.
xoxo
Karen

Dezinaworld said...

Wow this looks amazing, what a great time you had
hugs June x

maddyrose said...

Happy birthday Wendy. It sounds like you had an amazing time. Hugs

Ana Márquez said...

Happy birthday! :-D What a lovely things! You're so lucky! :-) Hugs!

1CardCreator said...

Mina sent over to say hi and Happy Birthday! You have a lovely blog.

Cindy Rose said...

Great pictures, Wendy! Especially the shops and the English Tea! Yum!

Mina said...

What a wonderful birthday trip! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and got to see and experience such beauty in NY. Soak your tootsies in some Epsom salt while you play with your treasure. ;-)

Feathers and Flight said...

Oh Wendy! What Fun you must have had!! What a Glorious Trip to NYC! Thank you for sharing your Pics and taking us on a mini trip with you!
Many Blessing to you and your Family for a Wonderful Thanksgiving.May your Table be Full of Loved ones and New Family Memories.
Hugs
Jill

Blog Archive