About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, October 17, 2011

An altered coffin box

I saw some nested coffin boxes at Micheal's last week and thought I would just altered them and fill with Halloween candy but as I lay in bed on Saturday night I had a brainwave.. yes I do get my best ideas in bed. So next morning while the house was quite. I made this..

 The quote is from A midsummer's dream, If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended. That you but slumbered while these visions did appear.


I'm thinking of sending it to Stampington.. maybe it will get in one of their publications..

14 comments:

Peace said...

Love your color choice. So peaceful for such a somber subject. :O)

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Wow, that is a GREAT creation! I love it. Definitely send it to Stampington. (I just found out one of my aprons is going to be in apronology next year. Whoo hoo!
Love the coffin. Going to visit coastal sister, Love, Linda

Cameron said...

Yes, send it! Your creations deserve to get recognized...and I would love to see a friend in their pages!

This rocks!

khess136 said...

Wendy, I just love your coffin and Mr. Bones!! I have no idea how I missed these adorable boxes at Michaels...my altered spoon swap partner presented my spoon in one...I just love them!! Great job, as always! If you want to take a peek at the Karey-Ann made, stop by karensmondaymusings.blogspot.com
xoxo
Karen

fairyrocks said...

I say send away!! Wonderful Halloween frightfully delightful artwork. I was thinking the same about a book I recently altered.

Jingle said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!

Kristina said...

OMG you have done an awesome job on your coffin! I love that you used purples. I love all the details you have added, and the wings on the skeleton so cool! Love your quote that you used awesome! I really do just love this, I hate to say this but its so pretty he he. But I do mean that sincerely! I love your blog header too, and the fact that every where I move my cursor, I see magic dust!!! I was on Dragonfly Jane's blog that's how I got here! and I am loving your blog! After I hit post to this I am going to go "follow you."
Peace,
KristyLee
my blog if you care: http://kristyleesworld.wordpress.com/

Electra said...

I LOVE all the details to this! Awesome!

Cindy Rose's Garden said...

Wow, it turned out really good Wendy!

Bird said...

That is honestly awesome. What a cool idea and wonderful decoration for this time of year. I love how you put it all together and your choice of colors and your quote from Shakespeare.

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant!!!

Martina2801 said...

Talent Dear Friend Wendy,
Oh this coffin box is perfect, I love love love it !!
Your unique art work is great.
Biggest Hugs,MARTINA. xoxx
Happy Creating..

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Yes Yes Yes send it in to Stampington. I'll be watching for it in their future halloween issue, Fabulous Wendy!
hugs Lynn

rachelsmith133 said...

I love it, it's beautiful. You should definitely send it off.

Blog Archive