About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, September 30, 2011

WHAT?



I love this image, I wonder what she was thinking. I bet she didn't think that in years to come some artist would turn her in to a witch.... would she had taken it as a offence or would she though it fun.

Let's face it if she had been called a witch only a few hundred years ago she would have been burned or hanged.

And what is a witch? they are so many different ideas .. she is a old woman, bent with age.. living alone in the woods just trying to live on the herbs and roots

or it she a tall green faced woman who flies on a broom stick with pet flying monkeys.

Is she a icy queen bent on ruling

or a beautiful witch ready to help a young girl lost in a far of land. 

or a young mother trying not to use her magic.

or a teenage girl helping her friends out

Do you think if a call you a witch that I'm calling you a bad person? I hope not I hope you know me well enough to know.It's just fun. 

You are probably wondering what this post is all about. It is that I may have caused offence by calling my Halloween Tin swappers Good witches. If you were offended I'm sorry but as in all my swaps.

I think a fun name for all the swappers taking part adds a touch of whimsy and interest... I hope you will understand and bear with me..



















7 comments:

Martina2801 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details, you do amazing work.

Dragonfly said...

LOL personally I didn't mind at all the term 'Good Witches' but then having blogs with witchery in the title probably gives a clue to my feelings :)

I think witches are independent and originally minded women, whats not to like about that.

frith
J x

Leaping Frog Design's said...

No offence here...Truly love being part of your Witchy group...Not to mention all your lovely fairy friends...This tin swap has been fantastic for me..always a planner and idea dreamer to make something and send it off was a challenge that has inspired me to take on more. Thank you from the bottom of my little witchy heart!

Celia said...

You didn't offend me at all either! If anyone looks at my blog you can see that many of the blogs I follow and many of my readers are witchy.....and I'm proud to be witchy too!! It's a shame that people have to be so closed minded.

The Altered Paper said...

Wendy you can call me a good witch if you want, even though a Bad Witch is more like it! Witching You A Good Halloween! Hugs Tee

Feathers and Flight said...

Well Miss Wendy ...You calling me a Witch is a Good Thing! My Husband and or Children calling me a Witch..... Well that is a Whole other Story!!! If on occasion you see a Mushroom Cloud off in my Direction...You'll know what has Happen! Lol
Your Forever Good Witchy Friend!
Jill

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Magic and enchantment are a part of all creative life...your blog is a reflection of your passion...those who come to your table should be like minded when they play along...I like playing along!
With glitter flying from my broomstick as I fly away...

Blog Archive