About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TRYING TO FIND MY HAPPY PLACE

My baby is 13 today... and the day started wonderfully for him, cards, money... well he is a teenager now, money is very important to teenagers.... phone call to grandparents... His birthday started bright and sunny off to school with a smile........ Not so at the end of his day.. as he got in to the car I knew from his sad face that the rest of his day had not been so sunny.... No my poor birthday boy had been bullied today and so it seems for a few days now ... we knew it was going on.. but my clever boy had said that the kids were not worth listening to and he was okay.... But that old saying of sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me  words is frankly all of load of rubbish........ words do hurt, they can have long lasting affects.. and why should anyone have to pull up with it ...

I know I'm ratting but the mother bear had been poked and
I 'm mad. Did you know that between 15-25% od US students are bullied.. (melton et al ,1988 nassel et al 2001 )


So if you like me have had something like this happen to your child or your think it may be going on there is help



10 comments:

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Oh Wendy..I am so sorry your son's day was like this today. I too have a 13year old boy and here in the US being bullied seems to be part of the public school system. So much so we have looked into home schooling this year because our son has been so unhappy. Big hugs to your boy and your whole family..This is a tough issue and it seems the more we(all parents)try to work it out the worse it seems to be getting.

BLISS angels said...

I'm sorry that hear that too .. his older brother too was bullied ... so I'm cross we have to deal with it again... O told him that middle school was the pits of the earth.... and once he was pass freshman year at high school life got better but it was a long time ..... I just know B okay when he has classes with his friends .. they have to have friends to stick with ... and not feel they are alone and we as parents need let the school knows what going on...


Bullying isn't going to go away if we don't empower the bulled to stand up and say no more

LuLu Kellogg said...

Dear Wendy:
I am so sorry this happened to your son. I hope that you will go to the school and address this issue so the kids that are causing this trouble can be reprimanded for their behavior and the parents of the bullies can be brought into the situation so they can guide their kids to better behavior.
Sending you good thoughts my dear!
LuLu~*xoxoo

MosaicMagpie said...

Wendy,
When our children hurt, we hurt right along with them. It is little consolation to tell him it won't matter years from now. It hurts now and it has to stop now. Why is it some children are so eager to hurt others. Trying to figure out why someone is a bully is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Sometimes the school is slow in to act or sometimes they do nothing. I hope you go to school tomorrow and raise the roof. No child should have to put up with that kind of abuse. Go to school and keep going to school until something is done. Go to the school board if you have to or even the police. I wish you well with your battle, my friend. You are right and the bullying is wrong. Stick to what you know is right!
Deb

Creative Wings said...

dear wendy,
i am sure it will make him stronger...I was the brunt of bullying for a very long time and it made me a very strong individual. ive actually never really talked about it and my parents didnt even know it was going on. At least he feels comfotable talking to you about it.
hugs

just me said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy! So sorry he is being bullied, been there myself with my now 15yo. His started in the 3rd grade when one of the "cool" boys called him "gay", still gets bullied with it. We've tried really hard to push up his confidence and he finally is beginning to realize very few people in school will be around when you are older so to not let htem get the best of him. Sadly the bullies parents are in complete denial or get angry when confronted! Good luck!

JenW!~ said...

Today my son was also attacked at school. H e came home with scraps and bruises. He says he fought back and doesn't think the kid will bother him again. But believe me I will be calling the school tomorrow because I will not let this continue. I teach my son not to start fights, I don't like the fact that he has to defend himself but if that is what it takes then I will stand by him.

Celia said...

Bullying is a horrible thing....I was bullied as a kid...horribly...and so I'm even more sensitive to it. My little one has had some problems with it already and she is just starting 5th grade this year...I'm not looking forward to that part of school starting again. But like you....I won't put up with it....and this mother bear will bite back!

pippinsnest said...

hi wendy as you propably know! I was bullied too when I was at school and It went on for a year or more and sad to say I never told anyone about it till it was over and I'd left school.( its good that byron told you about it!)

Its true words hurt more because they last longer than any scruffed knee or nose bleed could! thats all my bullies ever did say words to me!
but words are important they can make you laugh, and can make you cry and if history has taught us anything is that they can be used to inspire people to do great and evil things.
Usually bulling is taken more serious if you can provide a bruise or two!BUT its time for schools to realise this is just as than important issue too! x

Mina said...

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear this. It truly breaks my heart that your beautiful son is having to put up with this nonsense. Sometimes I think words can actually hurt more than physical bullying. They really dig into a person's psyche and leave horribly painful scars. I am glad your son has such a beautiful mother who listens. I am here if you need me, sweetie.

Blog Archive