Thank you to all of you that left comments.. they made me cry . It makes me sad to think that it is going on to so many kids and so many of us have stories too ... One of those comment came from my own sister Julie and I wish I could have been here Julie because you know I would have been down that school kicking the hell out of those bullies for you... but as you know that never really helps...
The sad thing is after asking my now collage aged son if he thought our decision to let the school know that he was being bullied helped him... Do you know what he said "No it just made the bully more threatening and menacing"
His school life only improved in High school but not until after his freshman years has he put it "you still have idiots in your freshman year"..
So really talking to the school which I have done in person and email maybe will help and maybe not will help my younger son... Maybe the schools need to look at bullying in a different way instead of just talking to the bully .. they should be trying more to help the victims with a group, a safe place ... it is a well know fact bullies pick on the kids when they are friendless... they play to their friends making themselves appear big and that standing up to bullies works if the bulled child is empowered...
SO why isn't there clubs/ groups or meeting for bullied kids that they can come too to talk with other kids in the same boat... the bullies tent to get to they prey when they are walking from classes or waiting outside..... so have a bully angels ( older kids who them self have been bullied so they know what it's like) befriend these kids... have teachers who themselves have been bullied run these group because unless you are been through the experience of hiding in crowds and trying to stay out of the bullies way... you can have no idea how alone you feel. Dreading each day at school.
Ultimately we need let the kids know that even if it feels that they are alone, they are not... there are some very famous people who have been bullied and there is a light at the end on the tunnel .. be strong ... your are firework. Don't let a bully define your life.
and lastly and the sad truth bulling is in our nature... monkeys and apes will bully each other.. but as humans you would like we would have thought a way to stop this..
Bullying isn't going to go away on its own, the policy of talking the bully to stop clearly isn't working..So maybe it time for a change.
- I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (71)
- ► 2014 (90)
- ► 2013 (170)
- ► 2012 (243)
- STILL LOOKING FOR MY HAPPY PLACE
- TRYING TO FIND MY HAPPY PLACE
- A handmade Halloween
- Here's still time
- THE ARTFUL BAG CHALLENGE ATC
- some cute fall art
- HAVE YOU EVER
- The Halloween tin swap IS NOW CLOSED
- Met Gracie Lu
- tAKe A MInT TIn oR tWo
- like chips you can't stop at one
- More ATC's
- It's ATC time
- Once upon a time......
- THE WINNER OF THE FAERIE SHOES IS.......
- Take a word challenge ... song
- ▼ August (16)