About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Met Gracie Lu



This is Gracie Lu. I made her today from a paper mache dress form, a dolls head. I had to laugh, Mr. O thought I was crazy when he saw me walk in with a baby doll under my arm.. I brought it from Walmart.. this morning.. But with bit of sanding, a coat of gesso and paint and she looks as if she's been loved for years..the dress form is collaged with handmade paper and flower images.... I added my favorite quote... "what care I for human hearts, soft and spiritless as porridge. A faerie heart beats fierce and free". I cut a heart shape out of the dress form and hung a heart shaped charm...


 Mr. O said that she looked strange and needed something.... I had to agree  but what?... of course wings and a crown.


 Mr. O said I should try a streampunk faerie next... Mmm "Hey where the car keys I need to go to the craft store"

7 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Very cool Wendy. I like it a lot. And In LOVE the idea of trying to make a steam punk faerie. Swap idea maybe, HMM.

Ann said...

she is beautiful!!!

MosaicMagpie said...

Wendy!!!
I Love This!What a beautiful job you did and the crown and wings add just the right touch. Great Job!
Deb

Fishtail Cottage said...

so fun to see you! been awhile since i've stopped by! what a beautiful job on this sweet creation! xoox, tracie

Mina said...

Wendy, this is incredible. I love the crown and wings! You have the best ideas. Have a beautiful weekend, my sweet friend.

Cameron said...

Wow! You totally won me over with this one! I'm not much into dolls or using doll parts in my art....but this turned out soooo magically, I might need to reconsider :D

Gorgeous!

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, she is absolutely stunning! You have done a beautiful job...as always!

Have a lovely week!
Gaby

Blog Archive