About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

THE SUMMER OF COLOR CHALLENGE... YELLOW



MATCHSTICK MEN BY STATUS QUO

When I look up to the skies
I see your eyes a funny kind of yellow
I rush home to bed I soak my head
I see your face underneath my pillow
I wake next morning tired still yawning
See your face come peaking through my window
Pictures of matchstick men and you
Mirages of matchstick men and you
All I ever see is them and you

Windows echo your reflection
When I look in their direction gone
When will this haunting stop
Your face it just wont leave me a-lone
Pictures of matchstick men and you
Mirages of matchstick men and you
All I ever see is them and you
You in the sky you with this guy you make men cry you lie
You in the sky you with this guy you make men cry you lie

and if your wondering where you know these words from.. The song is used in the summer Ad for Target...listen here

15 comments:

Mina said...

Truly magical image and I would have never guessed the source of these words. It just goes to show that our eyes and ears are at work even when we don't realize it.

Kristin said...

What a great post! Your piece is so sweet - I love your little girl and the metal accents are just perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us, xo

Nan said...

Great piece...so delicate. Love that song too. :) nan

Lesley said...

I love your piece for this week Wendy and that song or words are brilliant.
Les
Happy 4th of July

Terrie said...

Great lyrics and adorable piece full of such a great collection of yellow goodness!

Mandy said...

what a haunting piece you have made this week...i love it...xxx

linda said...

Beautifully delicate piece. Love the yellow flowers.

missy k said...

I didn't recognise the words as Status Quo!

I especially love the flowers on your piece. V pretty :)

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

I love your little mysterious yellow girl..
..and fab 'yellow' song words too!

Melinda said...

I love your yellow piece all the embellishments are wonderful.

Sharon said...

Fantastic and great song to go with, for sure.

Sandi said...

Lovely project and post...thanks for sharing this.

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh I like it...and the music too, it seems that I have ever know that song...thanks a lot, it makes my day!!! see you next week...xxx

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh that song, it seems that I have ever ear that in my life...thanks for that memorie...and your creation is so cute and delicate...see you next week...

creatingme said...

your collection is going to look so awesome all together when this is done. Such a neat look you have. I really like everything you've made.

Blog Archive