About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A change is as good as a rest


I'm trying something new......not a piece of paper in sight.... Here is my Marie Doll.. she's made from air dry clay and an old bottle. YES! I said a bottle.. under her dress there is a old bottle....  I've never moulded a face before. I take my hat off to all the doll making out here ... it's hard to do. But I wanted to try something new. New in the meduim and the subject. Did you notice? NO faerie wings although I think Marie would have loved dressing up as a faerie... maybe I'll add wings later. I don't want to go too far out of my comfort zone.





I'm thinking a witch next, ready for Halloween.... see maybe my muse has come back for a while.


5 comments:

Jingle said...

She is lovely! I like using bottles for the base of dolls! Lots of structure there! :-)

Regina said...

Wendy...you did an AWESOME job with her. She looks great. I haven't made a bottle doll in years. (you just made my muse start humming girl..LOL)I think sometimes it's good to switch things up a bit.

Hugs!!

Mina said...

She is adorable! I really need a muse like yours. Perhaps your muse can give mine some training.

Lynn Stevens said...

Yeah your muse is back, What a fun doll and I vote for a witch,
Too Cool
Have fun creating
hugs Lynn

Magic Love Crow said...

Wendy, I love your doll! Beautiful! Very creative of you, with the bottle! And, just to let you know, I got my shoe ;o) Yepppeeee!! I have been away, hopefully I will be making a post in a couple of days ;o)

Blog Archive