About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Take a word Challenge... Stars

 
 
 
 


 
 


Laughter and Tears
Khalil Gibran


As the Sun withdrew his rays from the garden, and the moon threw cushioned beams upon the flowers, I sat under the trees pondering upon the phenomena of the atmosphere, looking through the branches at the strewn stars which glittered like chips of silver upon a blue carpet; and I could hear from a distance the agitated murmur of the rivulet singing its way briskly into the valley.

When the birds took shelter among the boughs, and the flowers folded their petals, and tremendous silence descended, I heard a rustle of feet though the grass. I took heed and saw a young couple approaching my arbour. The say under a tree where I could see them without being seen.

After he looked about in every direction, I heard the young man saying, "Sit by me, my beloved, and listen to my heart; smile, for your happiness is a symbol of our future; be merry, for the sparkling days rejoice with us.



11 comments:

Junibears said...

Just so beautiful.xx

Lizbethem said...

I love the way you linked the Gilbran words and your art. Good luck being without your computer!

Femmy said...

fantastic piece!!!

indybev said...

I love Gibran, and you've illustrated his words so well! Beautiful.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love your collage art and the writing of Khalil Gibran!

So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

Lori Saul said...

A magical mystery work of art- love this!

Kaylene said...

Wonderful poem and image

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So beautiful!! Great artwork.

Mina said...

Utterly stunning, Wendy. I am truly moved by this piece and the beautiful Kilbran poem along with it.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Lovely Wendy, as always.
(())

Missouri's Lilac said...

Wendy,
This is so beautiful.
AJ

Blog Archive