About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, June 27, 2011

THE SUMMER OF COLOR ......PINK

The summer of color challenge this week is PINK... what does pink mean to you ? to me I'm in back to the 80s when the movie Pretty in pink came out.... and still to this day when that movie comes on I watch... knowing every line, every look as Duckie, Andy and Blaine play out this love story... it also helps that the movie had great music.....  the title song sung by The Psychedelic Furs.... 

Duckie was the friend you wished you had..Andy had such cool style and Blaine was the nice guy you hoped Andy would end up with ....

So here is my Pretty in pink ATC... I had fun playing with the wax as part of the challenge. I ended up melting some pink crayola crayon on her wings... it made them curl and added a pink tinted texture.

Caroline laughs and
It's raining all day
She loves to be one of the girls
She lives in the place
In the side of our lives
Where nothing is
Ever put straight
She turns herself round
And she smiles and she says
'This is it'

'That's the end of the joke'
And loses herself
In her dreaming and sleep
And her lovers walk
Through in their coats

Pretty in pink
Isn't she?
Pretty in pink
Isn't she?

All of her lovers
All talk of her notes
And the flowers
That they never sent
And wasn't she easy
And isn't she
Pretty in pink
The one who insists
He was first in the line
Is the last to
Remember her name
He's walking around
In this dress
That she wore
She is gone
But the joke's the same

Pretty in pink
Isn't she?
Pretty in pink
Isn't she?

Caroline talks to you
Softly sometimes
She says
'I love you' and
'Too much'
She doesn't have anything
You want to steal
Well
Nothing you can touch
She waves
She buttons your shirt
The traffic
Is waiting outside
She hands you this coat
She gives you her clothes
These cars collide

Pretty in pink
Isn't she?
Pretty in pink
Isn't she?



14 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love the words you used to enhance your pink lady!

http://wwwmycoloringbook.blogspot.com/2011/06/color-of-summerpink.html

Liette alias Pixelle said...

I like your text and your creation...so beautiful...

Ella said...

You are so creative~

Kristin said...

What a beautiful post. I love your artwork - the soft, feminine colors and butterfly wings are so pretty. And that poem! It was so touching. Thank you for this, xo

creatingme said...

really lovely!

Mandy said...

love your atc...love the words to go with it...thanks for sharing...xxx

JessiVille said...

Oh what a beautiful ATC! Pretty in Pink indeed! Lovely poem too. A wonderful entry for our pink week.
Jessi xox

Netty said...

Loving your artwork and the beautiful words. Annette x

joanna said...

Beautiful art and beautiful poem!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

This is so, so pretty! I love the way the butterfly "pops" off the corner. Such a creative touch. Oh, and I love Pretty in Pink! And the Psychedelic Furs...saw them in concert long ago - Love! :)

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, I loved Pretty in Pink. Alan Harper will always be Ducky in my book! This image is just stunning and poetry below it sheer perfection.

Sharon said...

Lovely art and creative words.A nice package.

Noemi said...

Those butterflies look stunning!
and thank you for the poem.

Janelle said...

This is a really neat ATC. I love the butterfly and everything that goes over the edge. I also like that you have text in the background. Very pretty.

Blog Archive