About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, June 20, 2011

A summer of color challenge ... green


Green   is the color...... of leaves and trees, of nature.. I can't think of green with out thinking of the green man..
A representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves Commonly used as a decorative architectural ornament, Green Men are frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings . "The Green Man" is also a popular name for English public houses and various interpretations of the name appear on inn signs, which sometimes show a full figure rather than just the head.
The Green Man motif has many variations. Found in many cultures around the world, the Green Man is often related to natural vegetative deities springing up in different cultures throughout the ages. Primarily it is interpreted as a symbol of rebirth, or "renaissance," representing the cycle of growth each spring.

But I always wondered why a man's face?...for aren't woman the embodiment of birth. So for my green challenge I made a green lady ATC....


18 comments:

Ella said...

Interesting effect; I love seeing her peek out, so pretty~

Netty said...

This is so inventive. Loving the greens

Plush Possum Studio said...

Oh! I LOVE this!!!! so simple and yet how elegantly laid out! It's very touchable, I imagine....
Rose

Judy said...

Love Green Man imagery!

Cindy Rose's Garden said...

I love it! Perfect representation for the color!

georgiehorn said...

Cool project....I guess I better get busy on my green project.

JessiVille said...

Yay for the green Lady! lol! Nicely done... Jessi xox

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a fabby atc.. love how your lady is peeking through all those green leaves!
Jan x

artistamyjo said...

Perfectly green, lovely.
hugs, amy

Jingle said...

Very nicely done!

peggy gatto said...

I really like this!!!
I love to put faces in flowers!!!

Mina said...

This is so very lovely, Wendy! Her face looks perfectly framed.

Kristin said...

What a beautiful ATC and post! I love this story and your idea - and your leaves are so detailed - a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing this with us, xo

Kristin said...

What a beautiful ATC and post! I love this story and your idea - and your leaves are so detailed - a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing this with us, xo

creatingme said...

oh, this is lovely!

creatingme said...

oh, this is lovely!

Sharon said...

Love this and I agree! Why not a woman!!!!!

Sandi said...

So creative, a wonderful piece Wendy!

Blog Archive