About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The faerie shoe swap


Tis the night before the midsummer ball and all the faeries were busy putting the last touches to the outfits they planned to wear....... When.



They realise that they had forgotton to make faerie shoes to go with their beautiful dresses.....What would they do?

Then Maygreen faerie suggested a faerie shoe swap.


Here's how it will work each participant will make a shoe to swap with someone else. 

Add lots of sprinkles , dazzle, whismy and magic. Embellish, embellish ..... be creative.

You can use any medium to make your shoe. Terri at http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/ has a wonderful tutorial on how to make a paper shoe.. and I used her pattern for both my paper shoes or you could alter a real shoe. (unused please)

Image  Sandra Emerson's Fanciful Paper flowers

Remember to add your name to your shoe. If you would like to tuck in a little extra in the shoe, that's  okay... Terri adds a small bungle of lace etc. I added some tags and ephemera...or you could just add a hand made card.

It's about the shoe so you don't need to go crazy with the extras.



I will take sign up until June 20th  or until full.
To sign up email BLISS.WDA@GMAIL.COM with your name, mailing address and blog address.
I will email you with your partners details.
All shoes are to send on July 30th.


Please take the button to spread the word, invite your friends.

Hugs Wendy


14 comments:

Judy said...

This will be a lovely swap.I'll be your first...

Kim said...

This sounds like so much fun...I'll email my info to you! xoxo

Sherri @ Antique Paperie said...

WOW Wendy! Gorgeous Blog! I can't wait to grab a cup of coffee and visit for a while to catch up. Oh, did I tell you that there is a Surprise waiting at my Blog for you? Well, go take a peek!! xo

Frosted Petunias said...

Hope your having fun on your seaside holiday. I'm so excited about the fairy shoe swap. I'll email you and make it official :)

Anna

Mina said...

What a wonderful idea! I love your header change as well.

Sassy Marsha said...

Oh, how did I miss this post!?!?!

I am IN!!!!!

Thank you for hosting!

xxoo
Marsha

Marti McClure said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm in - I will email my info. ~Marti

peggy gatto said...

OOOOOh!
I just emailed you!
I would love to play!

peggy gatto said...

Just posted my shoe!!!
The fun I had!!!
thanks!

http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-fairy-shoe.html

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi, I am sorry, but I just found this button on Mina's blog, I would love to be apart of this? If I am too late, no problems ;o) I just thought I would ask. Thanks very much, Stacy ;o)

BLISS angels said...

i'M SORRY mAGIC LOVE CROWS BUT THE SWAP IS CLOSED ALL THE PARTNER HAD BEEN SORTED....

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks Wendy ;o) Maybe next time ;o) Take Care ;o)

JenW!~ said...

Oh darn i always miss out on the fun swaps. I love making these shoes. Great swap idea.

Flutter Before You said...

I can't wait to sign up for this magical swap, sounds like sooo much fun!!!

Blog Archive