About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, May 30, 2011

TAKE A WORD ... WINGS

For Owen
This challenge word had me thinking about my soon to be eighteen year old sons future... All we can do as parents is hope and pray we have given out children wings so they can fly.... and a stable landing place when it is needed.   

12 comments:

Cameron said...

What a wonderful sentiment...so close to the heart of all parents :)

Junibears said...

A gorgeous card with just enough magic! Best wishes for your son's future. xx

Junibears said...

A gorgeous card with just enough magic! Best wishes for your son's future. xx

peggy gatto said...

what a delight!!!

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Thank you for sharing your art this morning Wendy...My own boy is 13 and this is sooo how we feel too. I have not been around to visit in a while...so much to catch up on....Smiles and Hugs today!

indybev said...

HA! He looks all ready to tuck in his shirt tail and take off! This one made me smile!

Lori Saul said...

A stunning piece with such great symbolism. Your beautiful blog is a showcase of the wonder of "wings" and enchantment- I always love to visit!

Missouri's Lilac said...

A wonderful piece that does express a mother's wish for their children.
AJ

Christine said...

I understand you perfectly, my three kids are from 18 to 22 and I couldn't imagine that growing up would be so painful FOR THE PARENTS! Best wishes for yours.

Mina said...

So heartwarming, Wendy and so true.

Electra said...

It's a lovely piece and lovely wishes, Wendy!

Ozstuff said...

A great take on this week’s theme. Beautiful artwork, design and colours, I love it!

Blog Archive