About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Take a word ....#27 Exposed

Exposed





 
 
 

 
<>
<>
<>
Song of the Wave
by
Khalil Gibran
The strong shore is my beloved
And I am his sweetheart.
We are at last united by love,
And then the moon draws me from him.
I go to him in haste and depart
Reluctantly, with many little farewells.

I steal swiftly from behind the blue horizon,
To cast the silver of my foam upon the gold of his sand,
And we blend in melted brilliance.

I quench his thirst and submerge his heart;
He softens my voice and subdues my temper.
At dawn I recite the rules of love upon his ears,
And he embraces me longingly.

At eventide I sing to him the song of hope,
And then print smooth kisses upon his face;
I am swift and fearful, but he is quiet, patient, and thoughtful.
His broad bosom soothes my restlessness.

As the tide comes we caress each other,
When it withdraws, I drop to his feet in prayer.

Many times have I danced around mermaids
As they rose from the depths
And rested upon my crest to watch the stars;
Many times have I heard lovers complain of their smallness,
And I helped them to sigh.

Many times have I teased the great rocks
And fondled them with a smile,
But never have I received laughter from them;
Many times have I lifted drowning souls
And carried them tenderly to my beloved shore.
He gives them strength as he takes mine.

Many times have I stolen gems from the depths
And presented them to my beloved shore.
He takes them in silence,
But still I give for he welcomes me ever.

In the heaviness of night,
When all creatures seek the ghost of slumber,
I sit up, singing at one time and sighing at another.
I am awake always.

Alas! Sleeplessness has weakened me!
But I am a lover, and the truth of love is strong.
I may be weary, but I shall never die.



digital artwork by Wendy Aspinall
Images Waterhouse and Tangie Baxter...scrapbookinggraphics.com

17 comments:

Jacqui said...

Oh, you have posted my favourite poet!!! I love this!
Your blog looks fabulous,
Hugs
Jacqui

Mina said...

This took my breath. How stirring, Wendy. And of course, Khalil Gibran is the poet extraordinaire. Thank you for sharing your wonderful world.

Leila West said...

I love your image, I feel like I should look away, nicely done!

Terri said...

Fab theme and great art! The poem is so passionate! Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

Missouri's Lilac said...

That is beautiful. I am working on my piece for the challenge now. Your works are always lovely.
AJ

Femmy said...

fantastic piece and I love the poem!

WrightStuff said...

I do love that Waterhouse painting. I've been lucky enough to see it 'in the flesh'.
This is a great interpretation of the exposed theme!

Grannie Annie said...

Love the port hole adore Gibran...fabulous work Wendy!!!

Junibears said...

Absolutely stunning. xx

Ozstuff said...

First of all, may I say that your header is MAGNIFICENT - especially the amazing red bird.
I love your take on EXPOSED. What a lovely and creative idea to show your mermaid through a porthole. Gorgeous artwork and a blog which is scrumptious.

M. Estes Zywar said...

Hi Wendy!
I truly Love Khalil Gibran's words!!!
hugs
Mary

indybev said...

Bingo! You've used two of my favorites -- Waterhouse and Gibran. Can't go wrong! Great work!

Tolegranny said...

Just love your blog. Great art work...so much inspiration on here.

peggy gatto said...

They work perfectly together!!!
Lovely post!

"MOI" Freubel said...

I'm so glad I've seen your entry Wendy. Both ; your words and piece are a fantastic and touching match !!
Hearty greetings, Rian

Victoria said...

This is such a lovely piece. the poem you posted was perfect for this piece.

Christine said...

Brilliant idea with a great result!

Blog Archive