About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wishes do come true... just sometimes you have to wait awhile




I have wanted a porch ever since we moved here. Our first home in the States didn't have a porch and I would drool over every porch I saw wishing that one day I would have a house with a porch. So when we moved house top of my wish list was a porch. I wasn't greedy I didn't need a big wrap around porch, although I would say no if offered.. but small space big enough for chairs and maybe a table...



Well I did get my porch but the down side it didn't come with rails to enclose it.. I would go out and felt something was missing.. so last week I had my wish come true ..




I had the builder build a white picket fence around my porch....... Here is is my own  magic space. I plan to spend lots of time out here..  I still need to paint my chairs and add some more details


But I have spend to most part of the day daydreaming on my sunny, magical porch, I plan lots of mid morning cups of tea and afternoons spend reading in those chairs with Willow and Acorn curled up by my feet. 

12 comments:

Jenxo said...

its abcolutely charming Wendy and i love the fun chandy !!!

Barbara said...

How wonderful for you Wendy! I have a porch across the front of my house with rocking chairs and a swing at one end and I just love it. So glad you got the porch you wanted, yours is beautiful.

Hugs XX
Barbara

alveen said...

What a lovely inviting space to sit and dream awhile.

artistamyjo said...

Your porch is lovely Wendy,looks about the size of ours and we love sitting there. You will enjoy it I'm sure.
Hugs, Amy

Sassy Marsha said...

OMG, I love your porch! We don't have one :( . . . . . next house!!

xxoo

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, your porch is amazing! I love the railing and your beautiful flowers. The perfect fairy dwelling.

Feathers and Flight said...

Oh Wendy what a Perfectly Serene place for you to Relax! I am sure it will be Enjoyed Many Times By You! You Remind me of when I was Little and Sitting on the Porch with my Dad. We would sit there and Watch Day unfold before us and Listen to the Sounds of our Neighborhood. He would sit there after a Long Day just to Relax.
Hope you are Having a Wonderful Weekend Friend!
Hugs
Jill

The Cranky Queen said...

Love the porch...being a Southern gal, a porch is a must! Thanx for sharing. Tiff

Electra said...

It's magical and you deserve it!

Simply Debbie said...

Beautiful Wendy,
Your porch is very pretty.
I want to enclose our porch also....it just makes it look complete and not so...well just a little more private. I love what looks to me like magnolia blooms on your side windows of your door...very pretty.
I am waiting to hang an old glass window on chains from one part of my porch and put the letters and designs you scrape on, onto the glass...I have had the window for a long time...and will then hang 2 boston ferns on each side.
hugs
Simply Debbie

Cindy Rose's Garden said...

Looks b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.!!
hugs,
Cindy

Linda said...

How nice you finally have the porch you have longed for! It looks beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive