About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Take a word #26 Memories


This weeks challenge at take a word is the word Memories... with all the news on the Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.. My thoughts are the memories of where I was when Prince Charles married Princess Diana ... In 1981, I was  18 years old Yes if you do the maths you can work out my age... I was 18 and in my last year of collage... all collages , schools and most people had the day off for the Royal wedding... I sat with my Mum, Nana and sisters watching as Lady Diana climbed out of the car and we all had the first glimpse of the wedding dress. That had been the talk of all the newspapers for months... Both Nana and Mum commented that it needed a good press...  Watching as with her father she walked down the long aisle of St. Paul's Cathedral to the waiting Prince.... A fairy tale....

7 comments:

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, well done. I sincerely love this. Aren't they a beautiful couple? I love how you did the background as well. I have always admired Princess Diane and always will.

Fishtail Cottage said...

So cute Wendy...love this!!!

jonaks said...

its lovely!

indybev said...

A lovely commemorative collage of Kate and Will. May they always be as happy! Thanks for sharing your memories!

Micki Wilde said...

in 1981 I was 6 but I still remember the wedding like it was yesterday.
My daughter is now 7, I wonder if this wedding will be something she remembers when she is in her 30's?
I don't think the kids of today are that interested to be honest, a shame really.

Lovely picture,

Micki x

Folk Heart said...

This was the most appropriate use of memories for this week! Great idea and beautifully rendered.

Regina said...

As always....beautiful!! I love your work so much. (I love having one of your works of art sitting in my studio...always making me SMILE)

Wendy..Wendy...I can do the math and you are still a youngin..hehe

HUGS!!

Blog Archive