About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, April 15, 2011

SPRING WAND SWAP



Well the faeries succeeded in getting the parcel with Kim spring wand to her in record time. So now I can show you what I made for her. I had great fun pulling out lots of colored tulle.. But I knew as soon as I read Kim's email and looked at her blog that we were kindred spirits.. she loves purple so I decided to make her a mermaid faerie wand... using the beautiful and dreamy colors of purple , gold and sea green....The wand is made up of two paper folded rosettes layered with lots of purple tulle... I played with the image on the computer adding a tail.. which I  also added  glossy accents , tiny beads and glitter to .  I painted the stick purple and gold  and then added flowers, beads, and more tulle.The luster comes from iridescent easter straw.. which added a shimmer to the whole wand.   Lastly  I added beautiful wired bow.

Kim loves her wand. I love mine... A very magical swap.


1 comment:

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, Sweet Queen of Faeries, this is so magically gorgeous. I love how you did this and am in need of getting off this computer to create my own. Beautiful!

Blog Archive