About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Take a word # 19 birdlife



THE BLUEBIRD
 - Before you thought of spring



BY

Emily Dickinson









Before you thought of spring,

Except as a surmise,

You see, God bless his suddenness,

A fellow in the skies

Of independent hues,

A little weather-worn,

Inspiriting habiliments

Of indigo and brown.


With specimens of song,

As if for you to choose,

Discretion in the interval,

With gay delays he goes

To some superior tree

Without a single leaf,

And shouts for joy to nobody

But his seraphic self!





9 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful art and poetry in this wonderful post full of hope for spring. Really gorgeous collage art!

Julie Forest said...

Fabulous collage, Wendy! I love the little fairy!! And Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets! :)

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

linda arte!

Janny said...

Really beautiful and a lovely poem;o)

Cindy Rose's Garden said...

I love the tweet card, really creative work, Wendy,

Mina said...

This is so adorable and I love Emily Dickinson.

Katie said...

This is really sweet. love those latest ATCs you posted too.

Effie said...

What a lovely pisce of art!

Ozstuff said...

An exquisite piece of art accompanied by the beautiful poem by Emily Dickinson. I nearly didn't get past your blog header, Wendy. It is soooo gorgeous I couldn't take my eyes off it. Thank goodness I finally did because there were more goodies to come on your superb blog. What a joy it is to visit!

Blog Archive