About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Playing with steampunk

The theme for April's ATC swap is steampunk and I can't blame anyone else for that decision ...I like to push myself as an artist and the ladies who take part in the Blissfull ATC swap so that why  I suggested it. But boy was I  worried...  a real departure from the faeries and whimsy.. but once I start checking it out. 

I realised I had seen lots of steampunk in movies . I just didn't know that is what I was looking at ... movies like the Golden Compass , Van Helsing, Wild, Wild west  and A series of unfortunate events...

So I started  playing with around with the digital art and came up with two steampunk inspired pieces.. 

Hugs Wendy

11 comments:

Terri said...

So well done Wendy! You have such an amazing sense of style and color, your digi art is totally fabulous.
You will do just fine with Steampunk!
Hugs,
Terri

Electra said...

Hmmm, I better practice some too. This is great!

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Turned out great. I think it's cool.
Have a great weekend.
Angela

Asas à imaginação said...

I loved your art but I don't no wath is "Steampunk"...this word havent not in my dictionary...please, tell me about it.
Thanks for all.
Hugs
Marlei

Altered Paper said...

Great Steampunk ATC's Wendy! I love them! I was just looking up the definition for steampunk! lol! Its new to me. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs Tee

Jingle said...

These are fabulous!

Mina said...

Oh Wendy, so well done! I love your steampunk. Quite sassy!

Lynn Stevens said...

Steampunk perfection I'd say, Well done Wendy!
hugs Lynn

Sinderella Studio Designs said...

I really don't know what steampunk is... or gorilla art for that matter but I love what you did!!
I had the most wonderful surprise from you - I had forgotten I was getting something in the mail...the domino's are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might drill one and make it into a necklace, would that be okay with you???
super hugs and cheers, dana

eclectic archivist said...

I love what you did with the Steampunk...very cool

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

wow those are great...love the vintage lady softness with the whimsey of the steampunk clockworks....looking forward to this swap....
Karla

Blog Archive