About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

A rose by any other name



The Artful Bag Challenge

The theme for March in the Artful bag challenge is to Embellish it. For this challenge we take an existing bag and make it fabulous. It can be as simple as adding a pin or you can cover your bag with anything from vintage lace, rosettes, silk, felted and paper flowers.


I took one of my old bags sitting at the back of the closet unloved, lonely and turned it into this one of kind artful bag.. I like most of you have lots of those unloved bags who for no other reason than I am bored with them get tossed  in to the back of my closet...








All it took was some painted roses , some stamping, ribbon flowers ,some magic and my unloved bag is LOVED again. 
Hugs Wendy

13 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Gorgeous transformation!!

Home and Heart said...

Pretty and clever!!

artistamyjo said...

What a great idea...I'm off to look at those old bags.
Hugs, Amy

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Belissimo!

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

It's beautiful, Wendy. You've done a fantastic painting job!
Have a great weekend!
Angela

Penny said...

wonderful makeover.
Great embellished job.

Hugs,
Penny

gift card printer said...

Gift cards are a great thing to give and receive. The reasons above show exactly why and I would love to win something.

Mina said...

You have created such a delightful treasure out of that bag. Beautifully done.

Tim said...

Nice blog.

Tim said...

Nice blog.

Wendy said...

She is loved now. What great colors. This is such a beautiful transformation. Wonderful.
wishes and whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Frosted Petunias said...

Wow Wendy!! It's gorgeous. LOVE the painted roses. This has a very Monet's garden feel to it and the trim is perfect. Truly a fabulous artful bag! Thank you for sharing :)

Anna

Kristen said...

Nice work.

Blog Archive