About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Titania's purse for the artful bag challenge




Our second theme is Alter It. The objective is to take any object that is NOT a bag and turn it into one. Boxes, pudding cups, bottles, mint tins, plaques...anything you can think of. The finished product can be decorative or functional but should clearly look like a bag.









I love this idea of taking something ordinary and turning into some thing new and unexpected.... so  I give you  Titania's purse made from a eye glasses case...


Fit for the queen of the faeries herself and I hear that Oberon is taking her out tonight. So she just has room for a red lipstick, the keys to the car and some money.. What else does a faerie Queen need for a night on the town? 

25 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Wendy, I love your purse!! So, the outside "wow-ed" me and then, the inside--oh my gosh!!! It's gorgeous too...Isn't this so fun? I felt like a little kid when I was making mine! Yours is purely beautiful!!!
XO

Boo-Bah said...

Beautiful! So creative, You are very talented.

Wendy said...

I love it, I love it. Tatiana is such a lucky fairy. What a beautiful evening bag. I might have to borrow it the next time I go out.
:-)
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Janet Ghio said...

This is just beautiful!! and how clever to use a glasses case!!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

FORMIDAVEL...
aproveitou maravilhosamente a embalagem de porta oculos!
parabéns!

Healing Woman said...

You are a genius! This bag from glasses case is incredible. Hardly words to describe it..well..yes there is...WOW.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Penny said...

Great Looking purse Wendy.

Hugs,
Penny

Judy said...

What an enjoyable project this would be.Love your purse.

The Altered Paper said...

Wendy you are so creative! I love your ideal of a eye glass case/purse! It is cool!

Frosted Petunias said...

Wendy my mouth is still open!! I just LOOOVE your purse. The eyeglass case is BRILLIANT!! Love the image and love that she's holding a little bag. And the blue pompoms and trim are perfect. Love love love! Thank you for playing :)

Anna♥

p.s. Who needs Oberon when a girl can have a bag like this, lol?! ;)

Mrs A. said...

How creative. It's lovely.
I'm stuck on my entry at the moment.

Linda said...

Oh how beautiful. Genius...who would have thought. Love everything about it. Thank you for sharing.

Mina said...

How utterly perfect! It's sweet and beautiful and absolutely fit for a fairy queen.

Heartinmyhand said...

Very lovely. Perfect for a night out on the town.

Heartinmyhand said...

Lovely!!! Perfect for a night out on the town.

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Very elegant handbag!

Dandelion Dreams said...

Wendy,
Yay! I wasn't the only one to use an eyeglass case. After I finished it, then went to post the link I worried it might be considered a "bag", lol. Silly me.

Being a lover of faerie, I think it goes without saying that I adore your purse! Especially since you used one of my favorite paintings. The pom poms are a fanciful addition too!

Faith, trust, and faerie dust!

Julie Forest said...

Hi, Wendy! Your artful bag is absolutely gorgeous!! This is one of my very favorite images (so I love it right away) and that blue pom-pom trim is to die for! Love it!! :)

Selma said...

What a great idea! It is so special work and it looks so beautiful now. Fantastic.

Antonella said...

Wendy - as someone who wears glasses, I have never seen a more beautiful eyeglass case - lol. What a great idea, and perfect for an evening out.

I am out visiting all the wonderful purses since I decided to take the plunge and join in the fun and having a wonderful time!

Hugs, antonella :-)

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

It's beautiful, Wendy!
Angela

Toni said...

I love this idea of using an eye glass case... Great job... hummm i have a really boring one sitting around and I think I just might have to do some altering to it .... thanks for the inspiration... love your blog also!!!!

Sandy Ang said...

The eyeglass has been completely transformed by your midsummer magic. Just fabulous !

Asas à imaginação said...

Wendy, I loved your bag!It is wonderful and enchanted!
I loved your blog too...I'm a your follower now.
Thanks about the beauty!
Hugs
Marlei

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Hi Wendy! Have not visited in a while so sorry..Oh my goodness this purse is sumptious!

Blog Archive