About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

There's a spring in my step



because the weather is beautiful today, I have an itch to get plants and dig in the earth but it is a little too early yet... it may turn cold again so instead I made a spring like Shrine.. I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for shrines... it's because they are story packed into a small space... I have  birds and eggs and faeries on my mind, well that's nothing new in the faeries but the bird thing is new... the box came from a christmas present.


It had teabags in but oh my! I took one look at the triangle shaped  box and knew It would become something beautiful....  



And I still have the top of the box to play with, Oh what joy!


7 comments:

Cherie said...

Hey Wendy,
Everything you make is so beautiful! I was wondering where to get the wonderful supplies from without going totally broke. I would love to learn to do this but it seems the only way to get stuff is to pay a pretty penny.

alveen said...

Very pretty! Why can't I think outside (inside) the box???

BLISS angels said...

to anwser to question yes sometime do pay over the odds for a really nice scrap booking paper but then I use ever peice, saving the small ends for adding to tags.. the flowers are a good buy because you get alot. I buy the large pads of scrapbooking paper when they are on sale...for this project I used moss from walmart a bag lasts me ages. the birds were from a pack of scrap at Micheals and they came with 25 other images for about $5 and I will use them in other projects.. I always look in the sale bins for ribbon and if I see something I really love but then think I could make it myself to save some money... I mean Micheals will charge you up to $7 for paper flowers and ribbon flowers and they are so easy to make yourself... I hope that helps...hugs Wendy oh! and my best tip is ink, a brown ink on the egdes of any paper, flowers or images will make them look wonderful

Regina said...

Ohhh this is lovely Wendy...as is all your work. Please please please don't EVER make me choose my favorite...I couldn't do it...I love them ALL!!!

Hugs,
Regi


Although I really, really love this one.

Feathers and Flight said...

Hello Miss Wendy!
Sounds Like you are Feeling Better! Glad to hear that! I am so Ready for Spring too! We are Allegedly suppose to be Snow this Week the Weather Man says! I Love your Little Bit of Spring Shrine!
Have a Happy Tuesday!
Hugs
Jill

Mina said...

They are just beautiful! I love what you did with the box. You are so artistically gifted.

Cindy Rose's Garden said...

Wow, the photograph of it came out great! I can't wait to see the top when it's finished.

Blog Archive