About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dress up challenge February..... Gustav Klimt




I'm was so excited when Angela posted that the artist as inspiration for February's Dress Up! was.....Gustav Klimt!  I have several Klimt's hanging on the walls in my home I love he's use of gold...I'm sure you recognize The Kiss. It is one of my favorites. It is my inspiration for my paper dress...


Second dress ready for one of the faeries to wear for the midsummer ball
http://sewloquacious.blogspot.com/



11 comments:

Jennie said...

I love it! I'm having a hard time with this one for some reason. Everytime I get startd I just freeze up. I really love yours!

Best wishes,
Jennie

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR WENDY,
I LOVE YOUR DRESS...THE COLORS ARE RIGHT ON. WONDERFUL JOB...I CAN SEE THE FAERIES ALL TRYING TO PEAK IN THROUGH THE ASPINALL DESIGNER WINDOW. THEY ARE FLUTTERING AROUND EVERYWHERE
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

It's gorgeous, Wendy! I love the colors, of course, but also the shape..reminds me of a 60's style frock. Love it!!
Angela

Healing Woman said...

I love Klimt's work. Your dress certainly met the challenge well. Great job!

Mina said...

Your dress is fabulous! I love the design.

Mrs A. said...

You have caught Gustav Klimt to perfection. Love it.

Liza said...

Your dress is great! You really nailed the placement and feel for the geometric shapes... even without the introduction, it is clear which Klimpt was your inspiration!
Liza

Asas à imaginação said...

Wendy,I loved your dress!!!Wonderful!!!
Hugs
Marlei

Electra said...

I would wear this pretty dress. (if only I had a waist)

voodoo vixen said...

I think you have captured Klimt beautifully with your lovely dress, great colours.

Selma said...

This is so beautiful. Great work by Klimt.

Blog Archive