About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ATC from Norway and Malaysia

Every now and then I get emails from would be swappers who want to join Blissfull and because we only take swappers from the States and Canada.   I have to turn them away for the time being ... which I hate doing but I then ask would you like to do swap with me instead... and a few weeks ago I did two private swaps.

One with Linda from Norway http://favoritspotonearth.blogspot.com/ and one with  Yuzz from Kuala Lumpur in






Malaysia http://www.blossominch.blogspot.com/
 
 


 
 
 The theme was white and snow.

I send  these ATC based on the book the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe  and from Linda  I received  this...




Not only did Linda send two beautiful ATC but also a pretty handmade card and some goodies. Thank you Linda.

and now for Yuzz she told me that they didn't get snow in 
Malaysia ..
I told her "she was lucky not to have to deal with the snow and ice"

Linda just laughed at my comments about the snow, well she would they have lots and lots snow in Norway.

 But as Yuzz didn't have snow and wasn't likely to ever have to deal with the snow, she send ATC using traditional matterials of the Malay communtity.
 This one  hand sewn by Yuzz
 Number two blue roses made from Thai silk from Bangkok.
and  number three is made from a traditional material from Malaysia. This fabric is used to make wedding outfits,  it is called "Songket"   The fabric can be made with real gold thread...

I can't thank  Linda and Yuz enough for swapping with me and sharing their world with me...

5 comments:

Penny said...

Very nice ATC's the ones you sent and the ones you received.

Hugs,
Penny

Terri said...

It is so interesting to hear about crafters from another country and to see their art. Thank you so much for posting about their lovely art!
Hugs,
Terri

Wendy said...

Those ATCs based on the LION, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, are absolutely incredible. I love them.
Beautiful work always.
wishes and whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Linda64 said...

Than you Wendy for a fantastic swap. Love your creations....
Hugs

stefanie said...

wow, soooooo much talent!!!

Blog Archive