About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, February 11, 2011

Art Creations friday #104 titled Lost Love ..

http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/




REMEMBER IT WELL
from Gigi
sang by Maurice Chevalier and Hermione Gingold


We met at nine

M: We met at eight

H: I was on time

M: No, you were late

H: Ah, yes, I remember it well

We dined with friends

M: We dined alone

H: A tenor sang

M: A baritone

H: Ah, yes, I remember it well

That dazzling April moon!

M: There was none that night

And the month was June

H: That's right. That's right.

M: It warms my heart to know that you

remember still the way you do

H: Ah, yes, I remember it well


H: How often I've thought of that Friday

M: Monday

H: night when we had our last rendezvous

And somehow I foolishly wondered if you might

By some chance be thinking of it too?

That carriage ride

M: You walked me home

H: You lost a glove

M: I lost a comb

H: Ah, yes, I remember it well

That brilliant sky

M: We had some rain

H: Those Russian songs

M: From sunny Spain

H: You wore a gown of gold

M: I was all in blue

H: Am I getting old?

M: Oh, no, not you

How strong you were

How young and gay

A prince of love

In every way

H: Ah, yes, I remember it well































































































11 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love what you did to this gentleman!!!
I happen to love that song too, thanks for reminding me!!!

pepeetje said...

great work :-)

Jackie said...

A fabulous piece, Wendy, if a little sad! Isn't that a great song?!

Femmy said...

fntastic!!!

Hermine said...

Looks great

Sympathy for The Devil said...

:))

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Oh Wendy how silly of me. I thought I waS one of your follwers but I guess I forgot to push something way back when. I love this piece. And one of my favorite movies!

canngil said...

Love your blog, have signed up for it, but cannot find where to enter the magic carpet event....
you have beautiful projects! like them a lot!

vintage wil said...

Great work!!

Mina said...

Absolutely perfect and I love that song you chose.

Annchen said...

a wonderful piece, love it

Blog Archive