About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Faux frozen Charlotte Fairy

I don't know if you've noticed but you can't swing a cat around the blogging community these days without seeing frozen Charlotte's everywhere. They are the most sort after crafting element. But have you looked how much they cost, and that if you can get them, I have been outbid so many times that I was starting to get cross.. So being the kind person who looks at everything trying to figure out how it's made and what they used . I set about making a frozen Charlotte .. I'm not going to called it, that name because I don't want you to think that this is one of the frozen Charlotte dug up from a China Doll factories in Germany.  This is my Faux frozen Vicky named after one of the children I used to nanny for all those years ago.



She is made from the oven-baked clay her face is taken from a real frozen Charlotte I received in a swap ....but rest is moulded by me.... the feet and hands are not perfect I am not a clay artist...but it my first and they will get better.





13 comments:

Victoria said...

Your Frozen Charlotte looks amazing! I see them on Etsy quite often but I think yours is much prettier:)

Mrs A. said...

Nop. Did prince charming forget to wake me up with a kiss!! I havn't seen and know nothing about these dolls but yours is fabby dabby.
Quick go bake some more and flood the Etsy market.

Electra said...

Geesh. I've never even heard of a frozen charlotte. I thought it was a cookie. lol It's pretty though.

JoAnne said...

Oh Wendy, I adore frozen charlottes and you did a marvelous job creating your own.
The bidding on ebay always goes way beyond my budget but I have an etsy seller that sells them more reasonably priced. Let me know if you'd like a link to her.

Penny said...

They say necessity is the Mother of invention. I think you did an awesome job with your frozen Vicky.

Hugs,
Penny

Mina said...

Absolutely amazing work!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Sounds like a fancy drink! Never heard of her before this and I am from Germany! hmmm sounds very mysterious....
Karla

Groove Press said...

Wow, amazing... Love your talent.

peggy gatto said...

I enlarged the photo to see your wonderful doll!!!
Nice art!!!!!!!!

Fun With This and That said...

Stopped by to say hi. I'm also in the heart swap. Do not know what is a Faux frozen charotte is? Laura

Blossom inch said...

amazing art Wendy, you are very talented artist.

LiveArt said...

How clever and pretty!! Love it!!!

Feathers and Flight said...

Good Morning Miss Wendy!
I Adore Frozen Vicky! You did a Fabulous job!You know I have Seen Quite a Few Frozen Charlottes on Etsy.I don't know if you have Tried Looking there or not.
Can't wait to See the Pics of the treasures you found on your Day out!
Have a Wonderful Weekend Wendy!
Hugs
Jill

Blog Archive