About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Gothic Arch Challenge..... theme Faeries


The challenge at the Gothic arch is faeries. So you know I had to make something wonderful for that ... I made a fabric collage.
This one is made from old jeans, burlap, pretty cotton and an transferred image,  which I played with to get the wings... I added vintage paper flowers , shell buttons and made a fabric flower and a faerie charm to just add that last piece of whimsy...

They are very addictive and it was fun going through my stash of trims..but I needed to add to it, was getting a bit low  ( well that's my story and I'm sticking to it).... so I  went out at the weekend looking for vintage  crochet doilies....( it's was hard job but someone needed to do it!)....  I found some.... and I'm itching to go back to get more.... but guess what?


We are snowed in today so I will have to wait..... I 'pose I'll just have to go back to the sewing machines and make more  make more collages.  LOL

5 comments:

Jann said...

What a wonderful idea for a Gothic Arch! This is lovely!

Debby said...

What a beautiful arch you have created.
Debby

Effie said...

A great arch.. lovely to see some textile art!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful idea!

Annchen said...

oh wow, this is gorgeous - wonderful idea, so special

Blog Archive