About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dress up 2011 challenge ~ A gown for the midsummer faerie Ball

Angela at sew loquacious http://sewloquacious.blogspot.com/





 is hosting a really interesting challenge...  to make a dress from any medium you would like. The theme for January is Impressionism which includes some of the most famous artistS in the world. Monet,Pissarro,Sisley , Moriset.



To help me come up with a idea, I thought who could this dress be for and of course the faeries are already getting ready , sewing gowns for the midsummer's ball .



So using the muse of Monet  ~ Poppies Blooming.

I made a digital background... I set about making a dress for one of my faerie friends by the end of the challenge I will have lots of ball gowns for the faeries to choose from...





and much to my delight, the faerie Willow asked if she could wear it for the ball....


13 comments:

Mina said...

Oh, so stunning. I love the arrangement and the colors.

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Wendy,
Your dress is awesome! I love how you incorporated your digital art into your dress! I also love the painting you chose for your inspiration! Your interpretation of it is spectacular!
Thanks so much for participating. I can't wait to see what you come up with next month!
Angela

Mrs A. said...

Love the colours and that you chose monet. Any fairie would love to go to the ball wearing this.

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Lovely idea! isn't this challenge going to be fun?

voodoo vixen said...

Your dress is lovely, great colours and so fitting for a fairy!!

Jaluza Scrap said...

Amo girassol!!!
A cor me encanta.
Bjo enorme

Frosted Petunias said...

Great dress Wendy! Love the way you created the digi art to make the background and how you interpreted the painting. I'd love to be a wee faerie and wear it :)

Anna

Feathers and Flight said...

Love the Poppies!! Beautiful
Hugs
Jill

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Olá Wendy
Inspirador seu vestido!
Perfeito!
abraços
Ana

Simply Debbie said...

Wendy...
Your dress is beautiful and so very, very unique
I almost chose that picture but changed my mind and mine would never look like yours did. One of these days I have to learn all that digital stuff...yours truly is a designer dress fit for any fairy
Have a Sugar Sweet Day
Simply Debbie

Lisa Balazs (Seshat Moon Willow) said...

I love how you created the digital art and then the use of the other elements. Just beautiful and any fairy would be happy to wear it.

Rosemary said...

What a wonderful post for your gown! I love the story and your dress for this month is beautiful, you not only made a lovely dress but you painted a beautiful image with the story.

Jennie said...

I'm just amazed at how very special everyone's dresses are. Yours is beautiful and the story wonderful. Wish I were tiny enough to borrow it from the Fairies!

Best wishes,
Jennie

Blog Archive