About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A gingersnap creations challenge # 78


Thimble, A sewing faerie.

I have a story to tell you and I can't quite believe it's true myself but cross my heart and hope to die. Last night while sowing a button on my shirt I saw a faerie. Really. A faerie! A tiny little girl with butterfly wings. I had just finished cutting the end on the thread when thought I heard singing. It was such a sweet sound I thought  I was hearing the wind chime outside but it seemed to be coming from my sewing box.

And there at the bottom of the box in the midst of lace,thread and buttons stood a faerie, humming a little song as she helped herself to my lace trims... 




http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com




5 comments:

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Thimble is wonderful! I think your creation is great!
Angela

Incipient Wings said...

wow, your artwork is gorgeous!!!!
I love this very much,
your story warms my heart.
have a great day.

Lynn Stevens said...

And just what was she doing with all your lace trims? LOL
Great collage !!

Thanks for entering my giveaway Wendy and best of luck!
hugs Lynn

mermaiden said...

One's day is always improved by a fairy sighting :]

jo said...

Gorgeous Thimble!!

Blog Archive