About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting my Christmas on Day 2

Day two of getting my Christmas on, time is running out for me. I normally have all my Christmas cards made , written and ready to mail for Thanksgiving and here I am a week to go and I still haven't made them, let alone written them..

So next week while the boys are off school and busy playing with the computer games. I am hiding away in the studio and I'm not coming out until all 5o cards are made , written and ready to post.

I promised yesterday I would show you what else I made with the left over paper, stickers from yesterdays project.

two years ago I brought this from Target.





An advent calendar, I didn't like the color much but I loved the small doors. Yesterday after making the tray I thought about changing the Advent. In the end I didn't change the color.
  It was so easy I made a template of the door, it is just a 2in square and punched out a hole with my hole punch for the small pegs. Then added stickers , brads , photos of (you guessed it Fairy's!)

 numbers and after when I had mod podged it all down I went back and added gems...and glitter. I love it! Why didn't I think of doing it before ? it is so pretty I wish it could stay out all year...
 I plan to go to see Harry Potter tomorrow morning, early before the rush but after I am starting on the cards I will show how it goes... see you tomorrow!



8 comments:

Incipient Wings said...

wow! how awesome are you!
this is beyond lovely...have fun at the movie...good idea to go early:)
have a magical day..

Electra said...

Why can't it stay out all year? It's not like there are the Advent Police. It's lovely, though and the Christmas cards will get done. You're not any further behind than I am! lol

Penny said...

Christmas certainly does seem to be in a rush to get here this year. Why, I'm so far behind - I think I am ahead for next year.
Your Advent calender look much better now that you tweeked it up a bit.

Hugs,
Penny

debi said...

I LOVE your advent calendar!! The decorative doors add so much fun and interest to it. Beautiful!!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You go girl ! Great job on the re do .

(())

mo said...

Wendy, Your advent calender is simply AMAZING! I am in awe of your talent. *hugs*

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

OK Now I am so blown away by your creativity! can I come and play at your house!?
Karla

Creative Wings Boutique said...

love that. i need to make one of those!
xxx's
tabitha

Blog Archive