About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS MATCH BOX SWAP





Arrived today. To say I opened the parcel is a bit of a understatement. Words like ripped , torn  would be a better description of my actions but I was so excited to see all the 25 matchboxes... It felt like ages since I sent my off to Linda. Remember this is what they looked like...



 I had forgotten myself...


And there are the 25 matchboxes wrapped waiting for me to open.


and this is how I  am displaying them.





I sprayed an old frame gold , using foam core covered in burlap  I pinned the boxes to the frame that way I can open them  but still enjoy them later... I have to admit I was temped to open the beautiful little boxes to see what inside ... but I didn't... I normally get a Advent calendar for my boys but this year I have a countdown calendar for myself and I'm really excited.





I want to thank Linda for putting this wonderful swap together and for the little bag of goodies she included..




3 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

ohh Wendy what a great display idea!
and you got your boxes.... maybe I will get mine on Monday.
(())

Patti said...

You are my swap partner this month.
Send me your address please.
pchickki@hughes.net

Thanks much :)

Peace said...

How exciting!! Very nice way to display them. I hope one of your boxes is in MY bag, they're wonderful! :O)

Peace

Blog Archive