About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The countdown as started

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving , ate lots of turkey and rested for the the rush of Christmas ... I'm trying to stay calm. I have my cards finished and I'm writing them to today. I wanted to get a photo but time is running out so I'm letting that one go this year... I did get the trees up. Yes! I said trees... Mr. Husband and I talked about that last night how Christmas has changed for us since we moved to the States ... when we lived in England we had one tree, no special Christmas dishes and we didn't decorated outside the house but we do all those things now and more....

In this time of sales , buy one get two, it hard to remember the true meaning of Christmas . It's not about how many deals you get or how many gifts or if you get all three Christmas tree up and decorated  but the joy of family. Family is all that matters. 

 I have to remind myself of that every now and then.

So I'm planning to sit down , under a warm blanket and watch "A wonderful life with my family".

"Every time you hear a bell an angel gets their wings"

8 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ah Wendy, I haven't even started cleaning much less decorating yet.
You have a lot done !

(())

Lily said...

I am passing this award to you  http://christmas-believe.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-award.html

Sinderella Studio Designs said...

I watch that and White Christmas every year! I did White Christmas the other day and never get tired of it! I have been singing all week!
cheers and merry merry, dana

Electra said...

I heard a bell when I saw your new header, Wendy. Lovely!

mercedes scott said...

I totally agree with you about "family is what matters" My husband and I have raised our 3 children (now 21, 25, 27) with this mantra... it's hard to stay focused on what is really important in life with all the material things that surround us. Thanks for the wonderful message! :) mercedes

whymsicalmusings said...

Oh so well said Wendy. Family is what is important!

I absolutely love your header it is FABULOUS!!! So much on your page is just wonderful:)
XXXOOO my sweet friend
Becky

Barb said...

Luv your Christmas blog header! Ü
Barb in Texas

Feathers and Flight said...

Wendy! I Love your Header!!!! Gorgeous! Not Enough Time between the Seasons to catch your Breath sometimes!
Happy Monday!
Hugs
Jill

Blog Archive