About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Why would I want to doing boring housework ... when I could make this instead!

I'm procrastinating this morning. I should be cleaning but I'm sitting at the computer playing....I have two project  I finished over the weekend and  I wanted to share with you....    

Photo charms and felt pockets to keep them in.... the idea started with my neighbour and friend Angela, noticing a charm I  wore at a scrapbook meetings and her asking if I could make her one with a photo of her two beautiful children.
The charms were easy, but I wanted some way to add to it and came up with this. A pocket folder for the charm to hang when not in use, it also a small pocket for her to add a note from her children...





























It turned out well so I made another for my friend Sky. Don't you just love that name? Sky loves birds so I used a image from Karen at Graphics fairy.

So my post is written... so there nothing stopping me from getting on with the cleaning... Is there?

OH but wait ! I forgot to tell you about...... oh okay i 'll clean but I'll be back.

11 comments:

peggy gatto said...

hurry up and finish so you can come back!!!

Edie Schmidt said...

I love it! I see the great lace you have added! Funny I have been working on lace this week too LOL great minds think alike.

Bobbi said...

Hi, Oh Wendy I just loveee these! You're so incredible! You know I just love your work! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs...
Bobbi
PS. I'll write you later, I've been so busy and I have a doctors app. in just a bit.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your charms and felt pockets are so very pretty! I'm also procrastinating and find myself stitching and crocheting ... to check with housework. Best wishes for the week ahead. :) Tammy

Home and Heart said...

What a cute and clever idea!! I want to make a cover and a charm now!! (Maybe a great idea for one of your swaps?)

PetraB said...

Oh, this is so charming with the charms and felt pockets.

MosaicMagpie said...

Great job on the soldered charms and I love the little felt holders!
Debbie

Cecily said...

These are just lovely - all the details make it really sweet!

sjmcdowell said...

Wendy,

I love your felt pockets with the charms. when I made my Georgia Peach ATC and added the pocket for the info on back I really loved that idea and have been dreaming of pockets ever since!!
I love that you added your charms as well. The possibilities are endless!!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan

Electra said...

Love these, something brand new from your constantly creative brain!

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

So charming!! I love that you combined so many different materials here! Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

Blog Archive