About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could, so somewhere in my youth or childhood. I must have done something good. (Rosette swap)

Have you ever been speechless? your heart beating so loud in your ears that you can't hear anything.  Your hands shaking?...... then you know how I felt when I opened the normal brown shipping box... I knew it was from my secret rosette swap partner but I  had no idea what was waiting........ When I opened the box lid........... I'm going to shut up now so you can look at the photos.......Okay I can't be quite just look at the box.... full of Rosette each one more beautiful than the next and the butterfly pin......and then  I opened the box..... I'm telling you now, I nearly fainted......under the sheet music fan  this.......and the more I pulled out, the more light headed I became...... just looking at the rose earrings made my heart stop....... and then ring to match......and then I came to the rosette at the bottom . Pale pink and cream with a pearl centre but even more rosettes and a pearl necklace......... and a comb for my hairand lace, beautifully wrapped on cards tied with brown ribbon with pearl earrings to hold them in place.Who sent me this wonderful present , the best present I have ever had, I felt as if it was my birthday and Christmas rolled into one. My secret swap partner was  Stephanie from Stephanie's Cottage. http://stephaniescottage.blogspot.com/
Please go see this beautiful, talented and generous lady.

As from the lyrics from the sound of music " something good"

I must have done something very good to be so spoilt.... thank you Stephanie...

Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good




25 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow Wendy!That box was amazing and so is the stuff inside!!! It's all just gorgeous and you're right you are one lucky girl to get it. Wow what an amazing swap partner you have. Enjoy.

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

mermaiden said...

JACKPOT!!!

Linda K. said...

I am impressed and speechless here too! Your beautiful rosette box is too much for words. What a sweet gift for you!

Linda

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Wendy,

You received such treasures from
you swap partner Stephanie.
I probably would have fainted and someone would find me covered in all those wonderful roses..ha ha!
Wendy you deserve to be spoiled you do so much for all of us!!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan

Toocutedobs said...

Amazing! Your rosette swap gifts are just beautiful. You are one lucky lady.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Wow....aren't we swap bloggers the luckiest ladies in the world? She was very generous and everything is just beautiful! Happy day to you.

Ozma of Odds said...

...I'd say you hit the jackpot too!!! That is alot of rosette goodness in that rosette box!!
hhhmmmmm...I guess you could say ~
wow! what a rosette goodie box!!!
xo, Rosemary

JoAnne said...

Hi Wendy,
What wonderful gifts! Love your new blog look. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. You are entered times 3 in my Halloween giveaway.
xoJoAnne

whymsicalmusings said...

Oh my Oh my! How wonderful! I can't think of a more wonderful person to recieve such a wonderful gift! My hands would be shaking to!

I love your new header and the beautiful background BRAVO!
XXXXOOOO

Sylvia said...

Wow...what beautiful goodies you got...don't you just love swapping for goodies...

Sylvia

stephanies cottage said...

Oh Wendy! !what a beautiful post! ! I am thrilled that you like your rosette box, and goodies! ! I really had the best afternoon putting it all together! ! It warms my heart, to see how much love it all!! So the saying "tis better to give, than receive " is so true. I'm so glad it brightened your day sweet lady!!! Huge Hugggsss Stephanie

BLISS angels said...

Oh No Stephanie you are the sweet lady.. thank you so much hugs and love Wendy

BLISS angels said...

Oh No Stephanie you are the sweet lady.. thank you so much hugs and love Wendy

Jacqui said...

That is overwhelmingly beautiful, what a wonderful gift!!

BLISS angels said...

Oh No Stephanie you are the sweet lady.. thank you so much hugs and love Wendy

Home and Heart said...

I am so happy for you!! You are a generous person, so you deserve it!! Just gorgeous!

mercedes said...

I am speechless, just from looking at your pictures! I;m sure your heart stopped beating for just a millisecond when you opened your box! Enjoy all your beautiful things! :) mercedes

The Chateau of Remnants said...

Holly smokes.. your swap package was loaded! Very pretty rosettes! This was such a fun swap!

Toodles.
Renee ♥

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Oh my goodness! So many beautiful rosettes packed into this awesome box! I think I WOULD have fainted!

Happy Rosette Day!
Lori

Bobbi said...

Wow Wendy, talk about speechless! My goodness she made you such beautiful things! OMGoshhhhhhhhh is everything gorgeous! Wow!

Lynne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! What a wonderful swap this was!!

Kim said...

It's all so beautiful Wendy! You are a very lucky lady who deserves wonderful gifts like these.Enjoy! xoxo

Karen said...

FABULOUS! OMG you had me holding my breath and swooning right along with you! :)
Karen

Julia *Astra-Scrap* said...

Wow...I have nothing to say besides it is GORGEOUS and AMAZING!

Gypsy Fish said...

Wow you're not kidding you must have "done something good"! What an abundant gift! so beautiful!

Blog Archive